Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by TPangolin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Good news is, more time to write the Civilopedias! :D :sad:

2. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

I'll write the pedias for the Murri uniques and maybe the leader! :D

3. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Chieftain

Is a design for the Chimu posted yet, btw? They're part of my beloved Andean region, so I'd love to see what you have planned for the great commercial empire.

On a semi-related note, I'm surprised no one (that I know of) has moved to make the Moche or Chachapoyas, which are really fascinating and vibrant cultures.

4. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

INB4 Gedemo crying in the corner.

5. Yougotbeaten

Yougotbeaten Chieftain

Will there be an update to make the newest Australia civ compatible with civ 4 traits?

6. pielover19

pielover19 Chieftain

Wow, you guys are awesome for completing an entire civ in 24 hours. Kind of reminds me of the people who make indie games during those multi-day game fests.

7. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

It takes JFD 24 hours to split a civ into 5 unique, fully playable civs ;)

8. Gedemo

Gedemo Cacique

Here are the links :D

Moche
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24790

Chachapoyas
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23498

9. Zharques

Zharques Chieftain

What are the peace and war themes for Australia (John C)

10. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I have to say I'm impressed that it's been 3 pages since we released John C and nobody's made a John Cena joke yet.

11. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Now you have started it.

Please turn down your volume.

Spoiler :

12. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

I'm a little more disappointed that his line for declaration of war isn't some variation of 'It's curtains for you!' :p

13. Typhlomence

Typhlomence Magical Tomomo

Maybe that should be added as one of his DOW_WORLD_CONQUEST lines. :lol:

14. tmxk2012917

tmxk2012917 Prince

Syntax Error: C:\Users\mache\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\[BNW] Colonialist Legacies - Australia (John Curtin) (v 1)\ModSupport\WWIIAusDecisions.lua:36: unexpected symbol near ''s Australia[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Must be at War with a Major Civilization[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Can only be enacted once[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]At least one coastal city[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]Must be in the Modern Era or later[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]At least three Ironclads[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Costs:[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]750 [ICON_GOLD] Gold[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]150 [ICON_CULTURE] Culture[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]2 [ICON_RESOURCE_IRON] Iron[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]1 [ICON_MAGISTRATES] Magistrate[NEWLINE][NEWLINE]Rewards: [NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]All Ironclads receive additional movement and gain 15% combat bonus outside friendly territory.[NEWLINE][ICON_BULLET]+15% Production when building Naval Units.''

Austrilian decisions is not shown

edit: I corrected the mistake in line 36 but got another mistake in line 72.

15. sss64sss

sss64sss Warlord

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I've been having some odd bugs with both of the Australia's.

1. Whenever I enabled Henry and CiD at the same, the civlopedia glitches out. It shows empty semi-transparent boxes on the side of every page and they always say "Health" or "Crime."

2. Parkes is also messing up the CulDiv icons in TAL. Whenever I had him activated, the icons denoting the civ's cultures all disappeared. After I clicked on Australia, all the other civs displayed that they were in colonial.

3. Curtin and Castro don't seem to work with TAL. I mean, they work, but there's two Australia listings and two Cubas. (I know Leugi's Cuba may be slightly outdated, but I assume it may be updated somewhere down the line :p)

The only mods I had active were JFD's gameplay mods, CP, Historical Religions Complete, More Luxuries+Pantheons, E&D, and EE. (Outside of Parkes when I tried him, and when I tried Curtin, Parkes, Castro, and Manuel.)

Again, sorry to bother about this. I can provide logs, but it might have to be tomorrow or Thursday (it's getting kind of late over here.) Which one's would I need?

16. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

My copy of Curtin did work with TAL. I'm assuming TPangs just hasn't updated it yet.

I think TPangs has the solution for Cuba, but TAL support is really easy to set up.
    At least in this scenario, I've thought of scenarios which could require some crazy SQL. Like, suppose civ 1 and civ 2 are both modded civs of the same civilization, and civ 2's DerivativeCiv is civ 1. Now, suppose there's a civ 3, who also has civ 1 as their derivative civ. Under that logic, wouldn't civ 2 and civ 3 both show up as seperate entities if civ 1 is disabled?

17. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

That's why Sukritact made it possible to set up groups based upon a TXT_KEY, as in Italy or Great Britain.

18. Klisz

Klisz King

Looks like neither of them have support for TAL at all (as opposed to having support but it being broken, that is). As a hotfix, you can go into the Core/Civilizations.sql for Curtin and replace the second copy of

Code:
    ('CIVILIZATION_CL_WWIIAUS'),
    with

Code:
    ('CIVILIZATION_CL_AUSTRALIA'),
    and then for Castro, go to XML/Civilizations.xml and add a

Code:
    <DerivativeCiv>CIVILIZATION_LEUGI_CUBA</DerivativeCiv>
    somewhere between the <Civilizations><Row> and the following </Row>.

Databse.log, stopwatch.log, and Lua.log, please.

EDIT: Double-ninja'd while checking what Parkes' and Cespedes' civ tags actually are. :shifty:

19. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Parkes and CID are not fully compatible due to editing the same files or something like that. JFD knows about it better than me.

20. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Indeed. CID replaces the UnitPanel file (as does CP anyway), as does Parkes. But maybe Parkes also replaces the Civilopedia? (CID does). If so, delete that (and UnitPanel) and the conflict should be resolved.