Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I met the Tlingit in a game, it seems like their peace theme is not playing at all when speaking to chief Shakes...

Essentially we have all the assets we need for Greenland. We've just been struggling to find someone who wants to compile it!

I was wondering how I could involved in helping with CL. I've tried to do XML and found it to mostly just be tedious. I have some experience with GIMP. The thing I'm most willing to work on is the writing (civilopedia entries and such). I'll link some stuff when I get the chance to do something similar to the things seen in civ. (Most of my stuff is long and academic). My email is jaskiandsparkyboys@gmail.com.

Fantastic! Do you prefered to be contacted by PM or Email?

Essentially we have all the assets we need for Greenland. We've just been struggling to find someone who wants to compile it!

When you say "compile", what do you actually need? Just someone to put everything together in ModBuddy?

That's essentially it!

Guys, the Yolngu are now close enough to completion for.....
"COLOR WARS"

It's the colour war, guys. Doesn't that mean anything to you?

In all seriousness I'm very fond of the Yolngu colours, especially since they were based on one that I did ;)

Although TPangs did change the black to very dark blue, because I guess blue on orange hasn't been done by this team before :p

With the rate of Australian aboriginal civs coming out, it's like a scramble for Australia.

I wouldn't personally describe it as a "Scramble", per se, especially since we seem to be the only ones making any :p I think the point of a Scramble is that it's a bunch of people vying for terrain, rather than just us claiming unclaimed land.

Although if another mod team made some Aboriginal civs then it'd be a scramble... nudge nudge wink wink

I wouldn't personally describe it as a "Scramble", per se, especially since we seem to be the only ones making any :p I think the point of a Scramble is that it's a bunch of people vying for terrain, rather than just us claiming unclaimed land.

Although if another mod team made some Aboriginal civs then it'd be a scramble... nudge nudge wink wink

I've had an interest in the Nyoongar lately, Will I act on it? Who knows.

I've had an interest in the Nyoongar lately, Will I act on it? Who knows.

Oh, please do, more Aboriginal civs is always better ;)

I think there was a Fire-Stick Farm design posted here ages back that would work excellently.

There was a Sykes-Picot style Scramble for Australia at one point, though most of the other modding teams involved had other priorities

There was a Sykes-Picot style Scramble for Australia at one point, though most of the other modding teams involved had other priorities

CiVI doesn't come out for another five months, here's hoping we see some by then...

Psst.. would the Yolnngu civ had some tidbits about their relationship with the Makassar/Gowa Kingdoms of Indonesia? Where Indonesian traders would travel to Arnhem Land in Yolnngu teritorry for months where they would harvest sea slugs, with the help of local people. In the end, this resulted with some cultural exchange between the two Source

Psst.. would the Yolnngu civ had some tidbits about their relationship with the Makassar/Gowa Kingdoms of Indonesia? Where Indonesian traders would travel to Arnhem Land in Yolnngu teritorry for months where they would harvest sea slugs, with the help of local people. In the end, this resulted with some cultural exchange between the two Source

It's a decision!

It may seem somewhat vague (since explicit history isn't something found in civ) but the Yolngu can gain Indonesian spice resources for having international trade routes.

Top Bottom