1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by TPangolin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. GPuzzle

GPuzzle Available in wax cylinder!

The mental image of TPangs riding senshi is now burnt in my mind - I think that's illegal.

2. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

TranquilSilence agenda confirmed as "cause mental scarring."

3. TranquilSilence

TranquilSilence Grumpy Snufkin

rip me tbh

Fidel should be a pretty easy leader to think of an agenda for - as should Pearson, Kruger's Trek and Membertou's Catholicism could also be good places to look for Diplomatic Agendas - but beyond that I'm not sure that I know enough to be of much help.

Unless you're in need of more scarring of course.

4. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

Yeah, Pearson should be something like "League of Nations" -- likes civs who have many DOFs.
    Membertou could be fiercely loyal to the first player from a far-off land that DOFs him.

5. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I wouldn't say no to a DeviantArt rendering....

6. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

It's gonna be difficult to accurately outline an agenda right now, but if there is some kind of rebellion system Fidel should obviously fiercely support any rebels that have stuff in common with him, whether it be ideology, enemies or whatever. He could also be especially belligerent to anyone with a different government type, especially as the game goes on. There could also be something about anti-imperialism where he can fiercely hate the nearest largest neighbor of another government type or something like that. I'll be able to think of something good once the game comes out and I play it for a while. Also, slightly unrelated, but since there will be 3 UCs this time, assuming you guys want to maintain the Guerrillero and the Dance Hall, you could include Radio Rebelde or a Revolutionary Defense Committee as a another UB. The 3rd UC could also be an era specific UA, which I could come up with once the game's out. Also, I don't think anyone has said this, but making the 3rd UC an era specific UA is excellent for aome civs with little information available, like some ancient civs or native peoples since you guys (or any modmaker) won't have to scour around for another UU or UB.

7. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Fixed that for you ;)

8. Neirai

Neirai the Forgiven

I'd likely make him hate civs of a different ideology, and love any civs who don't have one yet (once he has one).

9. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Are ideologies a thing in 6?

10. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Indeed they are, the same as in Civ V. Except now they seem to be called "Democracy, Communism and Fascism".

11. The Specialize

The Specialize Warlord

I beleive they said Civ 6 would include all that was in BNW (I Beleive this was said) however, We have barely gotten any difinitive info about how Culture plays out yet or Religion for that matter.

12. TranquilSilence

Well we know that Culture is used to research from the civic tree and such, and that it seems that the Cultural Great people have been condensed back into a singular Great Artist class, but beyond that - aye, there is still a lot to be revealed.

Another potential idea for an agenda would be a Civ disliking you if your happiness (however the system will work) in certain cities falls too low - sort of resenting you for not treating your people well. Not sure if there's any Civ it would fit though.

It'd be cool of the proposed Membertou agenda applied only to civs native to a different continent from you - rather than just any foreign Civ, though this may be needlessly complicating things.

13. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

just found you second unit for igorot.
    Spoiler :

It could replace the missionary or Great prophet.
    heals adjacent units (+10 HP) and more cheaper.

14. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

What is causing the loadscreen for Nonosbawsut to not display properly?

Attached Files:

15. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

1. That's the DoM.
    2. The file hasn't loaded. Strange, because I could've sworn it worked for me. DB log might help, so you may as well post it.

16. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Found this in the Database
    [104669.156] Invalid Reference on Leader_Traits.TraitType - "TRAIT_CLBEOTHUK" does not exist in Traits

17. NameUndisclosed

NameUndisclosed Chieftain

Nonosbawsut's agenda should definitely be based on isolation from opposing civs. He could also intensely dislike forward settling and try to capture cities settled near him, representing the Beothuk raids into English fishing camps.

18. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

I should NOT have read this page.

What I'd like to do with Nonosbawsut is have him like you more and more for each turn you don't contact him in any way, but suffer a major penalty each time you do, if that's possible within the game's code.

19. TranquilSilence

I do think that the Beothuk are probably a good opportunity to do something with the Eureka system - what with the whole them having Viking tools and whatnot.

The UB would probably be a pain to transition over however :p

20. DonStamos

DonStamos Mobster Inc©

Would there be a penalty if he contacts the player?