1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by TPangolin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. TPangolin

TPangolin Just the worst person

Thanks for this. We're currently in the process of legacy updates - so this helps quite a bit.

2. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 Chieftain

I've noticed that a database error has cropped up with the Kulin. Their artist guild replacement isn't on the civ selection menu. But I have no idea if this is just because they need an update soon or what.

Edit: Wait, I remember with the Malaysia problem a while back all of my civs worked if they were disabled. And I remember having a problem with them when I only enabled classical-era civs for an Eras gameplay game, which meant no Malaysia enabled. Hmm...

Edit edit: There's another civ with the database problem that cropped up in the classical game and it's Ryanjames' Guanches. Their great general replacement wasn't showing. Maybe things are related?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2016
  3. Brackenspore

Brackenspore Chieftain

- what is it?

4. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

The Aztecs

5. fargoniac

fargoniac Chieftain

Apologies if this was answered before, but what will be the fate of Colonialist Legacies after Civ 6 drops? Will it shift completely to Civ 6 modding, stay solely on Civ 5, or develop mods for both Civ 5 and Civ 6?

6. TPangolin

Our current line-up is as follows:

Greenland, Yolngu, Salish, Noongar, Ngaro, Palawa, Igorot and South Africa (in no particular order). We're definitely not going to get all of these out before Civ VI, but we'll aim for a good amount.

Once VI drops, we're not going to be dropping V entirely. We still intend to do legacy updates to make sure everything is up to date.

If anyone is willing to contribute in any way to this/these - more than willing to accept that help.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  7. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Eagerly awaiting this, even if the time frame is a bit later still.

8. msawdey

msawdey Chieftain

I registered just to post this because I think this entire group of mods is amazing..

Has anyone put together a scenario of "United States vs. Native Americans"? I cannot find anything but I am not a modder myself and hoped that someone could do this for Civ 6 (or 5) using the civs you guys have built.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  9. fargoniac

fargoniac Chieftain

Will work on these civs continue after Civ VI drops?

10. Scapegrace

Scapegrace Obvious Spambot

It's fairly likely. I'm also cooking up a Super-Secret(TM) project for Civs 5 and 6, so hopefully that'll turn out okay and TP will let me stink up his mod workshop with it. =]

aldonius likes this.
  11. dninemfive

dninemfive Chieftain

Now that Civ VI is released, are you still planning to release new civilizations for V? Or is it good enough that you're planning on VI content only?

12. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

I don't think there's anything unannounced left to come, but there will likely be updates to older civs stretching on into the forseeable future, including some considerable reworks of existing civs.

13. TPangolin

South Africa - Nelson Mandela
    by DMS, Neirai and TPangolin
    Special Thanks to Deliverator, Chrisy15, Kramer and Regalmanemperor

In this mod you'll play as Nelson Mandela, ruler, peacemaker, and symbol of a free South Africa! It was through your action that a corrupt system was brought low and the people of your nation could be treated equally and justly. Born to royalty among the vast, rolling plains of the Transkei, you joined anti-apartheid organizations and conducted a campaign of public speaking, sabotage, and revolutionary acts against a state that viewed you and those like you as second-class citizens. It was through you, despite being imprisoned for more than twenty years, that the world became aware of the hatefulness of apartheid, and it was because of your forgiveness that you became the first true South African leader after it was brought down.

Will you do as you did in life, urging reconciliation and magnanimity in victory? South Africa is an idea for which you are prepared to die, but can that idea, that Civilization, stand the test of time?

Collaboration with DMS

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Amtoj and aldonius like this.
  14. Scissor_fingers

Scissor_fingers Chieftain

Awesome! Can't wait to try this one out

15. Stef09

Stef09 Chieftain

Really cool!!!

16. retrocity5

retrocity5 The American Monarchist

Wonderful!

17. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

I've been eagerly awaiting this one. Very exciting stuff.

18. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Chieftain

19. Stef09

Stef09 Chieftain

Just started game with South Africa and had tons of ivory around Cape Town which made me think: would fit quite nicely with the Safari Park UB, so that ivory gains same bonuses as rhino etc.

aldonius likes this.
  20. Amtoj

Amtoj Chieftain

Played a quick game with South Africa last night, and they're great! By the way, we finally have mods for all four of the major Dominions. It's gonna be fun to play a game with Australia, Canada, England, India, New Zealand, and South Africa on the same team. The Commonwealth's all here now.

aldonius likes this.