1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by TPangolin, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Gyra Solune

Gyra Solune King

Yeah, that worked. Still, that's kind of a big problem!

2. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

It's been awfully quiet on the Civ5 - CL forum... are there still plans for updates of some outdated/buggy civilizations or release of new ones (as mentioned on Wikia)? Especially updates would be sweet as some really cool civs I don't use today because of missing/broken pieces (see earlier post with bug reports or more recent Greenland not showing decisions)

3. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Inuit update soontm

Salish soontm

Vietnam update less-soontm-but-still-soontm

Curtin update soontm unless it's already been released can't remember tbh

Thule soontm :p

retrocity5 and Stef09 like this.
  4. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

I've heard the upcoming Australian Aboriginal civs are also fairly soontm, Yolngu and Noongar at the very least.

Guandao and Stef09 like this.
  5. Stef09

Stef09 Warlord

Found 2 issues with the Kimberley:
    - The decision "Memorialize Divers" doesn't show the pop-up screen with description, requirements, etc. initially. When still in Ancient Era and when hitting 50 culture, the decision is already enactable (as oposed to after Classical Era as is written as requirement) and pop-up screen with text only then becomes visible.
    - The decision "Keeping the Wandjina fresh" is already enactable for 50 faith costs, instead of the mentioned 100 faith

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. aldonius

aldonius Chieftain

I've been trying to play 'OzBowl' games (as Hawke), and I think I'm getting crashes whenever I meet Parkes (most recent game: duel map, crash occurs). Is this a known bug? Otherwise, please tell me where my relevant logs are (Mac).

7. Valiullin

Valiullin Chieftain

Several issues with the inuit. I don't get any food bonus from the UA (what does the "tiles outside workable city limits" mean anyway?), and the Inuksuk doesn't grant any bonus on neghbouring tiles.

8. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Logs and list of mods installed?

9. Chrisy15

The Inusuk tiles are claimed gradually iirc, and it means that you get food for each snow tile outside the 3 workable range. Inuit patch kinda died after translating the changes into the solution was more difficult than expected, but I might get back to it someday Vietnam soontm

Danmacsch likes this.
  10. Valiullin

Valiullin Chieftain

Oh ok. I didn't get that. English's not my native language so I may make mistakes. Now since there's no bonus from ice tiles, there's no way I'm building a city on it just to get the bonuses from the Inuksuk so... too bad. I'm definitely not playing the Inuit on grasslands! Hopefully it gets fixed someday cause I'm quite excited to play with it! :3

11. Chrisy15

There should be; iirc it's Snow, Tundra, and Ice that give the food. Then ofc the Inusuk increases yields of Snow around it and slowly claims tiles, which then allows you to build more Inusuk which then claims more tiles...

12. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

I'd definitely be excited to see some bugfixes on these older mods. I also remember seeing a prerelease version of the Yolngu in use on /r/civaigames at one point, so I hope that comes out eventually too.

13. Valiullin

Valiullin Chieftain

Well no no bonus at all from any of these tiles. And the Inuksuk bonus don't cumulate. Anyway, my capital's population won't grow higher than 1 so no need for food...

14. yerbinho

yerbinho Chieftain

Hello!, i found on the comments section of the Inuit on steam ,a person who have the fix for both decisions, but i´m not able for send a message to this person.
    Please,¿can anyone check if this fixes work,and eventually post them on this thread? or better,¿fix the mod itself? thanks in advance!!!

15. SLGray

SLGray King

To bad that there was not a way for South Africa to have more than one capital city, since it has 3.

16. 1760s

1760s Chieftain

Congrats on finally releasing the Coast Salish! I've been looking forward to their release for a while, and I'm glad the mod finally got to see the light of day.

Stef09 and dilophosaur like this.
  17. Optillamanus

Optillamanus Chieftain

I'm having a problem with downloading the Inuit, Boers, and Philippians mods. For some reason whenever I do, instead of getting the full mod files, I just end up with a single .civ5mod file in the MODS folder. Just earlier today I was able to download JFD's Italy w/Victor Emmanuel Mod straight from Steam no problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    EDIT: Just to be extra double sure, I just hopped over to Steam and downloaded some mod that gives you a map based on that swirl pattern from paper cups in the 90's. Worked fine, so I don't think it's an issue with just Steam or mods in general.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  18. Chrisy15

.civ5mod files are zip files containing the mod. Civ will extract them by itself most of the time, but if you want you can extract them manually using 7-Zip or WinRAR.

19. SLGray

SLGray King

I noticed the new civ. Thanks for the released.

20. SLGray

SLGray King

On Steam, the new civ states it supports YnAEMP, but I can not locate that information in the files. The reason why I looked is that it only appears in the total random or TSL & random menus. Also it is placed in Africa. This is on the YnAEMP giant Earth map.

Stef09 likes this.