Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

I thought that was impossible.
How did you manage to get that working?

It's a lot of Lua. Ugly, ugly Lua that involves finding a good snow spot, moving your units to that location, and adding a bunch of resources to that spot. Then, obliterating your starting location.

LastSword and I are slowly working through rebuilding the Lua so that it isn't 50 pages long and terrible (which is how I wrote it) and then we'll be turning it over to everyone to use wherever they like.

So civilizations can't start in snow? But its just terrain.

Just like everything else, if there's no code for it, you can't do it. There's only code to start your characters on certain terrain types, and not on others. For example, you can't actually start *on* Tundra. The Tundra start code starts you *near* Tundra instead. That's because that's how Firaxis coded it. And there is no Snow code in the game source.

I think something may have gone wrong with Mexico's update, as even though the download says 2.1, when downloaded everything indicates version 1. I extracted the CIV5MOD file that Steam was spitting out, also listed as 2.1, but the contents were once again version 1 with no indications of any updates.

I'll do you a DoM and some dialogue text for Cap'n Para tomorrow.

Digging around for Inuit music, I couldn't help but think that throat singing is really cool. The problem being that it doesn't usually sound like a civ theme.

I found some intriguing stuff from an artist named Tagaq though.

Link to video.

The throat singing may still be a little too much, but I think that you could get a good war theme from this song.

Those are some good resources for the other civs. But as it stands, we already have a peace and war theme for the Inuit.

All we need is music for the Cree, Anishinaabe, Blackfoot, Salish and Dene.

I have a really hard time installing these civs. I've tried subscribing and manual install. When I subscribed in the past only Mexico worked, and when I manual install the game just doesn't unpack the .civ5mod file like it does with the rest of the mods I install manually.

One possible problem could be that I subscribed in my browser rather than through the 'GET MODS' button in game, that seems to cause problems in workshop downloads, but I've never had this problem with a manual install before. Anyone know a solution?

Those are some good resources for the other civs. But as it stands, we already have a peace and war theme for the Inuit.

All we need is music for the Cree, Anishinaabe, Blackfoot, Salish and Dene.

For Cree, I found some Southern Cree and Northern Cree that may be of use.

I found a Anishinaabe songs here.

Might be able to find more later.

Antagonise, have you tried manually extracting the .civ5mod with something like winRAR and then placing the extracted folder in your mod folder

Alright, so it looks like we are getting really close to releasing the Blackfoot. I've just finished the leaderscreen.

Spoiler :

We essentially just need the Pedia. (so uh..... any takers?) :p

@liam, Well Australia is the only one planned to include voices.

So uh, what's the basic design for the Blackfoot?

Blackfoot (Crowfoot)
Start Bias: Plains/River
Colours: Blue/Creme
UA: Counting Coup - Jnits earn the Counting Coup promotion, which as they level, allows them to unlock special bonuses when winning a significant victory next to an adjacent enemy while remaining at high health*. Cannot build Work Boats
UB: Nato-oh Siskoom - +2 :c5faith: Faith. Requires a source of fresh water nearby, but requires no maintenance unlike the Shrine, which it replaces. Also produces +1 :c5faith: Faith for each Lake and Oasis tile worked by this city.
UB: Buffalo Pound - Requires Plains instead of a river and reveals a nearby source of Buffalo, unlike the Water Mill that it replaces. Like the Water Mill, it provides +2 :c5food: Food and +1 :c5production: Production.

1) Counting Coup triggers whenever you damage an enemy unit with one of your units.
2) At the start of the next turn, if your unit has a lot of health and is next to an enemy with only a little health, you gain a bonus. But only if you started the fight and if you have achieved a certain unit level.
3) The bonuses range from extra XP for the unit to bonus culture for your civilization. If your unit is level 5 and has counted coup 5 times, it unlocks the ability to trigger a one-turn Golden age every time it counts coup.

Levels of Coup:

1: The unit is now considered to be a warrior. Gain a one-time xp bonus.
2: The unit has won a great victory for his people. Gain a one-turn Golden Age.
3: The unit has ignited the pride of his people. Gain a one-time shot of Culture based on the unit's strength.
4: The unit is looked up to by all other warriors among his people. The unit gives a +10% combat bonus to adjacent allies.
5: This unit shakes the nations. Gain a one-time tourism burst (like a world tour) and/or Influence burst.

I'm not a fan of the "cannot build workboats" thing. I agree with Viregel that it just seems random and pointless.

Also, is the Buffalo resource going to basically be a reskinned cow? If so, will it also get +1 hammer from the Stable?

Top Bottom