Colonialist Legacies' Republic of the Philippines for VP

I can only upgrade them but I can upgrade existing explorers or newly built ones. I actually discovered it upgrading a couple Scouts to Explorers and was surprised to see I could upgrade them again the next turn.

Super weird… I’m afraid I’ve got no understanding of what could be doing that

I can report that it does not appear to be a MOD conflict. I started a game with only core VP, Philippines, and Really Advanced Set up enabled and set the starting era for Renaissance Era. My beginning Explorer has the option to upgrade to a Kupa (shorthand to avoid looking up the proper name). Not sure if it helps solve the issue but won't hurt my gameplay unless I find a horde of AI Kupas on my doorstep in the future.

Side note: thanks to a isolated ruin I ended up with a Paratrooper in early Renaissance. Pikeman Barbarians did not stand a chance.

this civ looks pretty fun, but I'm unclear how the production siphon works. Does the city that sent out the trade route/receives the siphon have to be building the same thing as the target city? Like I only get a production boost on my aqueduct if the target city is also building an aqueduct right now?

No, the origin city will siphon production towards anything the target city builds.
- units will have hammers added to their progress, even if you can’t build them yourself. Note that unique units are counted separately from base units, so if you sent a TR to an Aztec city that built a Jaguar then it wouldn’t contribute to a warrior in your city. But it would contribute to getting a Jaguar in your city if you got enough free siphon
- buildings and wonders have their production siphoned, but only if you don’t already have the building.
- projects and processes in cities are siphoned as you would expect

No, the origin city will siphon production towards anything the target city builds.
- units will have hammers added to their progress, even if you can’t build them yourself. Note that unique units are counted separately from base units, so if you sent a TR to an Aztec city that built a Jaguar then it wouldn’t contribute to a warrior in your city. But it would contribute to getting a Jaguar in your city if you got enough free siphon
- buildings and wonders have their production siphoned, but only if you don’t already have the building.
- projects and processes in cities are siphoned as you would expect
The syphon mechanic sounds very cool indeed!

What's the historic background? Makes me think of asian countries copying western technology.

Last edited:
The syphon mechanic sounds very cool indeed!

What's the historic background? Makes me think of asian countries copying western technology.
Remittances.
But also the Philippines is famously a crossroads of many historical and geographic entities, and its diverse culture shows blends of Austronesian, Indian, Chinese, Spanish, and American influences.

Never mind. There was was an issue with the coral church compatibility.

Reuploaded.

Top Bottom