1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonist Type conflicts with PlayerPerk_CityYieldEffect

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by g02703, Apr 15, 2016.

1. g02703

g02703 Chieftain

I want my faction to have +1 culture/city on Tier I, +2C on II, and +3C on III.

So, I put this in PlayerPerks_CityYieldEffects:

<PlayerPerks_CityYieldEffects>
    <Row>
    <PlayerPerkType>PLAYER_PERK_PERSONALITY_TRAIT_CHARACTER_FACTION_A1</PlayerPerkType>
    <YieldType>YIELD_CULTURE</YieldType>
    <FlatYield>1</FlatYield>
    </Row>
    </PlayerPerks_CityYieldEffects>

The above does reflect in the game on planetfall. In testing, though, I chose artists, which grants me +2 culture per city. Upon landfall, I expect culture to total 4: 1 from the HQ, 2 from Artists, and 1 from my character trait's Tier 1 perk. I only get 2: 1 from the HQ, and 1 from other sources, which I believe is my perk. What happened to the +2 from Artists?

I think the game only allows one PlayerPerks_CityYieldEffects with a particular combo of PlayerPerkType and YieldType, and both my character trait's perk and the artist colonist are "fighting" for that position. Since I picked the faction first, The +1 culture won over the +2 culture from artists.

I think the same thing will happen if my faction's character trait contained a science city yield perk and I chose scientists as my colonists.

What can I do about this?

2. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Such a limitation does not exist.

If the yield from Artiests isn't active then the likely explanation is that you thought you had picked Artists but hadn't.

3. Machiavelli24

Machiavelli24 Mod creator

More likely PlayerPerks_CityYieldEffects may not work with culture. Lots of tables that take a yield won't actually work with the culture yield. (Because behind the scenes the culture yield is a Frankenstein monster due to it changing so much over the iterations of civilization)

4. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

He specifically said that the 2 Culture from the Loadout don't show up (because there are 2 sources that yield 1, but none that yields 2), so I find that to be very unlikely.

The game also already uses the culture yield itself, as a percentage-yield instead of a flat yield though.