Colonists "missed" when learning specialties in native settlements

No, in fact I found that you can have multiple colonists training in one village at the same time, they will pop up eventually. Keep in mind that the training takes longer with each new trainee. The progress can be monitored with the "production" bar of the village.

mh

I once set two indentured servants to train at the same time (they were both highlighted) and then both popped out together at the end. I don't know if it took twice as long, but I suspect that it did not.

i've had this in my first game. A native and criminal were sent in but the criminal never re-appeared...I think crims take longer to train but was around 50 turns and the progress bar wasn't increasing either. I guessed they just got tired of living with the natives and ran away.

No, in fact I found that you can have multiple colonists training in one village at the same time, they will pop up eventually. Keep in mind that the training takes longer with each new trainee. The progress can be monitored with the "production" bar of the village.

mh

The problem is that you can have "n" colonists training in one village at the same time, and you receive no information about them until they finish their training. I overused a village in a recent game (without paying attention to it), and the result was 6 or so colonists "lost" in the village forever...

I think you should be informed of the estimated time of training of a colonist when you speak to the village chief. And you also should be informed about the colonists already present in that village.

And, of course, you also should be able to stop a coloninst training and retake control of your unit (as you can do with your colleges and universities)...

Maybe this "bug" is intentional since it is possible to have natives convert to colonists. I remember watching a movie detailing the life of a colonist "going native" starring Kevin Costner.

i've had this in my first game. A native and criminal were sent in but the criminal never re-appeared...I think crims take longer to train but was around 50 turns and the progress bar wasn't increasing either. I guessed they just got tired of living with the natives and ran away.

I also watched the progress bar not increasing. I sent about 6 colonists over the course of many turns into a village for education. Later,when I realized I had no colonists at all, I looked and saw that the progress bar was full...but no colonists. I waited another 20 turns...still nothing.

I could send a ship of colonists to the other side of the map to another village for education and bring them back in that amount of time. WTF

Every colonist trained at a Native settlement makes the next one take longer ... if you send in two one the same turn, even if they're both just regular Free Colonists, one will finish but the next one will have a significant increase in the number of turns to finish.

Top Bottom