Colonization Annnounced

Awesome!!
lots been happening latly I see. THis sounds like a new xpak for civ4 but better it says you don't need the orginal, meaning those who missed Warlords and Bts can have all that plus the the new game!

THanks! :)
Hey It looks like they have opium as a resource now. See the lil white flower patch below the tobbaco planter? Its bout time I guess. That plant is the most valuable but its sorta unethical to have kids dealing in this plant.
Oh well, we will have to wait n' see. They might just be poppies for remembrence day, enabling a 'Goodleader day" type benifit :)

They will fix the diplo and the interface that currently is used with civ4 and also says they will make it more moddable(hopefully that means less skins)

Sounds like some major improvements!

Excellent!!! Would have preffered Civ5 TBH, but frankly I cant wait for this either!!!! Never played the original but this looks great

Wow, this looks to be a year of bringing back long-dead franchises and/or creating sequels as opposed to expansions/prequels. Super Smash Bros. Melee, Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, StarCraft, Grand Theft Auto III, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Colonization have all received sequels this year!

i played the fanbased copy and it's a fun game.

Can't wait for this.

In other news, it looks like the 3 tile city placement radius has been dropped in this game which is awesome.

woooooooohoooooooo

Never played the original as it was "before my time" but this is good news. Very good news

[tab][tab][tab]:banana:
[tab][tab]:banana::banana::banana:
[tab]:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
[tab]:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
[tab][tab]:banana::banana::banana:
[tab][tab][tab]:banana:

I wish they had used the revolution graphics in stead. It looks nicer.

If they don't include Portugal as a playable nation again, I'm going to be seriously pissed off. It's a COLONIZATION game for crying out loud!

Colonization is one of my all-time favorites. I still play the Windows 95 version on the PC I am using now and look forward to playing this new upcoming release.

It would be great if an upgrade of Master of Magic were their next project.

Some people are still wondering what they wanted beta-testers for? :D

(side note: I'm note a beta tester, this is all assumption from myself ;) )

Hopefully it'll turn out to be good sequel. Couple screenshots don't tell us much. I especially wonder how handle various trade goods and trade in general.

If this turns commercial success, maybe Firaxis will make sequel to Alpha Centauri or as some others have said to Master of Magic. Who owns the rights to Master of Magic franchise currently anyway?

Btw, what do people think the changes are of slavery being in :p

If people have not played Colonization before, it might be worth to try FreeCol (Forum). It's rather faithful fan remake of the original Colonization. New version should be released tomorrow according to latest roadmap.

Top Bottom