1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonization: Artillery Dying

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by zeeter, Aug 24, 2020.

1. zeeter

zeeter Emperor

I haven't played Colonization in decades and so forget much of the rules.

Basically, when I attack with artillery and lose my unit is dying rather than losing power. The enemy is dropping from 7 - 5 (or 5-3; not up in front of me right now).

Any ideas?

And why isn't there a forum for Colonization? Just not enough interest?

2. tupi

tupi Chieftain

Hello.

I think it's a bug, if not some undocumentend feature. It's pretty common. Sometimes also when you or comp. player attacks with dragoons, the unit dissapeared completely instead of transform to soldiers. It's pretty handy when it happens with comp. player btw. I have no idea about what triggered it. Maybe game logic somehow switches to more 'civ-like' style? Usually this bug continues with other units during this turn.

Long time ago, Colonization had its own forum. Now it's all together with Pirates! and other cool Sid things.

3. AyCe

AyCe Chieftain

I've also observed this behaviour when playing with the patched version and consider it a bug. I'm pretty sure the degradation rules are always supposed to be in play, so I guess this is just another instance of shoddy programming leading to memory corruption or something. I think so far I've only ever observed it with dragoons dying completely and only in some games (and only after a while of playing them?).
    Edit: Nope, I've also observed it with artillery. Very frustrating when you are the attacker!

Sid writes that Colonization was more of a Brian thing btw. :p - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085845CX9 pretty good book

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020 at 5:24 PM