1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Col] Colonization - Playing as Indians

Discussion in 'Other Sid Meier Games' started by Blake00, May 28, 2018.

1. Blake00

Blake00 Chieftain

Hey guys,

Is there a way to take control of one or all of the Indian nations? In Civ1 you could take control of the Barbarian/Pirate red slot by using a Hex editor or save game editor so I'm wondering about Colonization.

When activating cheat mode in Colonization the 'set human player' option predictably only allows selecting the 4 European nations so that's no good. I could swear that around 18 or so years ago I saw someone talking in a forum about being able to do it via a hex editor but I can't seem to find anything now as any search seems to bring up conversations on various forums about playing as indians with the Civ 4 Col remake and not the original game.

Guessing it would be glitchy as hell but would be interesting to check out and see how much I can get away with.

2. Blake00

Blake00 Chieftain

Here we go.. this guy's old thread appears to be referencing what I saw all those years ago. Someone called 'EdBigHead' was able to hack the game and play as the Sioux. Wish I could find how he did it.

3. Blake00

Blake00 Chieftain

Just found this hacking guide webpage that also mentions 'EdBigHead' claim that he played as the Sioux. But I still can't find his original claims and how/if he did it. :(