Colonization

Is Colonization worth buying

• Yea

Votes: 76 47.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 84 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It has a lot of micromanagement in the game that Civ IV does for you, do if you really dislike that stuff, don't buy it. Also, in the vanilla version, there is a plethora of bugs and balance issues. However, if your willing to use one of the unofficial patch mods, practically all of these are fixed, so yeah, I'd say it's worth getting.

Yes .

Yes, give it a try. Even the vanilla version (which I am currently playing) is good and fun, with lots of potential for strategy and variety. You will find indeed one truly buggy issue called the citizen deletion exploit, this you might want to investigate further in the forum. Despite this, yes there are some more concerns to discuss, but there is much more mumbling and whining than otherwise if you ask me. Feel free to play and enjoy the game.

If you like a lot of micromanagement (and that improved terrain and sea of course), it would be fantastics fame for you.
But if you don't like micromanagement (i'm sure you'll like the sea and terrain), leave it.

I voted no, the game is currently broken. Wait for a possible fix.

Yes. Especially if you played the original.

Welcome to the Forums delacruztaylor. :beer:

Great game. Absolutely worth buying. But it’s not Civilization, it’s more about manufacturing and trading.

Huge Civ fan, just wants some reviews on this game, I'm sure I'll like it

I find the game a crashing bore in its present shape. A patch that deals with the bugs and imbalances would improve the gaming experience, but actually, I think you'd enjoy the original Colonization game more if you can locate a copy of it and are able to play it on your computer.

I voted no. I think this game is nowhere near as fun as say Civ IV. Also I think that even once the major issues are solved the game is still kinda lame for being way too short.

This game is a new colo with the old termini/names (from colo 1), with C IV has it the setup and fighting-system.

There are many, many problems, but it is a great uique game and it is defenetly worth buying.

Today is black Friday and I am going to buy the game.
Hopefully I will enjoy it. It looks like fun. I'm going to search for this unofficial patch because people seem to be complaining a lot about the bugs.
btw what the hell is a REF?

Ok, I found out what a REF is. I probably wont patch this game unofficially--Don't like the idea of using an unofficial patch unless it really is that bad.

It really is that bad with the bugs. Use the unofficial patch as it fixes them.

It will be woth playing it 1-2 times like free mod for Civ. Paying for it more than one cent is total rip off. Probably Firaxis think same, they even dont bother telling single word about patch for this bugy mess.

Top Bottom