1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colonize the entire planet

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Rui_TNV, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Rui_TNV

Rui_TNV Chieftain

Hello.

I started a new game in the Gigaworldmap and I wanted to colonize the entire planet even the artic and antartica regions but I having dificulty because I seeing that won't be able to do it until the end of all the turns... and also I have AC to colonize too.

Any tips?

2. Prof. Garfield

Prof. Garfield Deity Supporter

Make sure you are moving settlers with triremes, rather than walking them around. You can colonize the interior later. Get lighthouse to travel quickly to other continents. Take advantage of the large spaces on the map to minimize your expenditures on defense. Don't defend things (unless enemies are known to be close by), but rather organize counter attacks on the occasions that cities are taken. Keep a few diplomats around for that purpose.

Go for Lighthouse to get to other continents relatively quickly, and Hanging Gardens for early tranquility (if you are playing deity). Once you have enough cities to get the first citizen double unhappy automatically, the Hanging Gardens will change him all the way to happy.

3. Rui_TNV

Rui_TNV Chieftain

Thanx a lot for the advise... I've had dificulty in chosing either the create setlers to create more cities or to build libraries markeplaces or wonders and so on...

4. Prof. Garfield

You might benefit from looking over this succession game. While not specifically related to colonizing the entire world, it should give you a general idea of what to build for strong play. Note that this was played in classic, so if you are playing MGE, you won't have the diplomatic options.

5. Rui_TNV

Rui_TNV Chieftain

I got a bigger problem... in the game I'm playing when I try to change what one of my cities is building the game crashes... can someone help me with this?

6. Prof. Garfield

Are you playing Multiplayer Gold Edition or Test of Time? The only time I've run into something like that is Test of Time, with TOTPP and working on build options events.

7. Rui_TNV

Rui_TNV Chieftain

8. Prof. Garfield

I assume you're using Test of Time Patch project. If so, try disabling the Lua Scenario Events patch, and see if you still get the problem. That's the only idea I have.

Does your game freeze, or crash to desktop? Or, something else?

9. Rui_TNV

Rui_TNV Chieftain

It crashes... let me see

10. Prof. Garfield

I haven't run into a crash to desktop problem when changing production. Usually crash to desktop happens when I'm trying to load a game, and I just re-open Test of Time and everything works properly. Sorry I can't be of more help.

11. Rui_TNV

Rui_TNV Chieftain

I manege to switch to building engineers so now I won't have that problem has that city will maintain that order... but now I can' t see how many engineers I have it shows 20 but I have almost 300...

12. Prof. Garfield

My guess is that there are 255 more engineers than are shown. However, when I made a test, all 300 engineers that I created with Lua were shown in the defense minister window.

Or, you can enable cheat mode, open the Lua Console (ctrl+shift+F3), and paste the following line in as a command, to count your engineers.

Code:
    do local engCount = 0 for unit in civ.iterateUnits() do if unit.type.id == 1 and unit.owner == civ.getCurrentTribe() then engCount = engCount+1 end end print(engCount) end