1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorful Tech Web

Discussion in 'CivBE - Cosmetic and Graphical mods' started by Glidergun, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Glidergun

Glidergun Chieftain

Attached Files:

2. Lanth

Lanth Chieftain

Nice! Although it makes it harder to see the affinities, and also harder to see the resources but there's only 3 of those and they're all 1st tier in the web so that's not a big deal.

Could still use different colours for the terrain improvements and general boosters (the circled stars under Power Systems for example) though.

3. Baleur

Baleur Chieftain

Thanks, good mod.
    The vanilla Icons in this game are some of the worst i've seen in a strategy game. They are all the same color and have absolutely no distinctions what so ever, you cant see what the heck anything is.
    Its the lazy "lets make every Icon in the game with the same Photoshop template" method, completely devoid of any art style or aesthetic design what so ever. A full priced release and the Icons are something a modder could outdo on his free time.
    I cant imagine it would have taken Firaxis more than a day tops to churn out all the Icons.

Anyway, good mod, keep updating it :goodjob:

4. bladex

bladex Chieftain

so need this i didn't even know what i was researching half the time!

5. Tayran

Tayran Chieftain

Very interested in the mod but it fails to install. It just says "transferring". Installed via steam workshop.

6. Glidergun

Glidergun Chieftain

I managed to fix this problem. If it doesn't do it for you automatically, unsubscribing and resubscribing should do the trick.

7. bladex

bladex Chieftain

you can use winrar to extract the contents, create new folder name it Colorful Tech Web (v 5) and put all files in it than drop it in mods folder. that's what i did.

8. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

Yep that fixed it thanks.

9. SerakX

SerakX Chieftain

The world needs more men like you.

Really, excellent work. The whole "buildings are hexagonal icons and wonders are circles!" wasn't doing it for me.

Hopefully Beyond Earth has enough of a budget that we get good post-release support and some mods like this aren't necessary anymore!

10. abstractbuffalo

abstractbuffalo Chieftain

I can't seem to download steam workshop hangs up transferring the direct link says I don't have permission to download. Is there a mirror or something I could use.

I really want to try this mod out. could you maybe PM me a link that works? I would really appreciate it!

11. RoFortaleza

RoFortaleza Chieftain

brilliant I'll download it now.

It would be also great to add the resources that each building/unit needs.
    But I see that a little hard to do.

It would help a lot to plan ahead were to settle and what to research in order to get the resource you need for the buildings/units you want/need. Mouse hovering is really boring :(

12. tudy2

tudy2 Chieftain

I agree. Especially the building-icons need a complete overhaul. Whenever I look at the icon of the thing a city produces I am completely lost what the hell it is suppossed to be. The red-cross-tent from habitation is the only thing I can immediately recognize. All others are just a big blur-of-whatever-icons. I always have to hover over the icon to see what the heck my cities produce.

I mean look at the building-icons in Fabrication, Computing or Communications... what the heck is this stuff? I guess the one thing in Computing shall represent a network. But the other things!? No clue. Some building-thingy in a circle, that's the best I can describe all of them.

A mod taking care of this would be awesome.

The colored tech-web is awesome! Thanks for that :) Although you could try to make it a bit more color-blind friendly, by adding more contrast overall.

13. Glidergun

Glidergun Chieftain

New version out, which modifies the icons of affinity-locked buildings and units. Still available on steam, still winding through the moderation queue here.

14. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Moderator Action: The download can now be accessed. I was only aware of the issues about half an hour ago (RL has really got in the way this month!), so apologies it took so long. For future reference, if a download is stuck in this way, report the post that links to it and it draws our attention. Then we can request that an administrator release it.

15. bladex

bladex Chieftain

it never extracts from steam useless garbage steam workshop!

good it's available here now.

16. Glidergun

Glidergun Chieftain

Thanks! I wasn't sure how long was normal for a mod to be in the queue here.

The post right above yours is a moderator taking the mod out of the queue. It's available. Go download it.

17. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Moderator Action: Normally it's available straight away; it's just that you're brand new and offering downloads. We have to check it's not a bot offering something malicious ;).

18. bladex

bladex Chieftain

works but you have it named wrong if you do an extract to folder here you have to rename the folder to Colorful Tech Web (v 8)

19. Glidergun

Glidergun Chieftain

True; thank you for the correction.

Oh, I'm quite aware. In a perfect world everything could be available immediately, but in the real world I'm not going to begrudge you some reasonable caution.

20. Victus Mortuus

Victus Mortuus Chieftain

The recent update for this mod seems to have broken the unit UI, such as putting farms/generators ect down it also removed how many turns the unit had used. I unclicked this mod in the mod list and started a new game and it was fixed.