1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Colors?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Amorphus, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Amorphus

Amorphus I'm a ninja

I'm confused here, I thought civilizations could only be their primary or secondary color, nothing else. I just played a game as the Mayans where germany was the Rome Red color. In my current game, America is yellow.

Now I know Germany is supposed to always be blue, it's their primary and secondary, and I believe America is always that teal-ish color, what's going on here?

2. gamemoth

gamemoth Chieftain

in my game, babylon is blue:)

3. Amorphus

Amorphus I'm a ninja

Babylon's second color IS blue though - that means if Rome or some other Civ that takes Red as their color - it'll make Babylon blue.

Neither Germany nor America have these colors as their first or second colors.

4. Eiba

Eiba Warlord

Some civs have the same secondary color, and when the right combination of civs are in the game, something's gotta give. For example, Japan has a dark red secondary color, and so does Byzantium, so if they're both in, as well as the Aztecs (to take Japan's green) and the Romans (take Byzantium's lighter red) then some civ will have the wrong color. It's happened before in my game with a "Roman red" France.

I don't know how the color is decided though, or exacty wich civs triggered your mis-colored America.

5. Ville

Ville Deity

Americans, Sumerians, Spanish and Chinese use only 3 different colors so that's why Americans are yellow

6. Frimlin

Frimlin Wandering Wizard

In on of my first Conquests games, I think it was Byzantium and Japan -- they both had *exactly* the same colours. And no, I have absolutely no problems with my eyes. ;)

So yes, something has changed for the colour picking in C3C.

7. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

I had a game where America and Sumeria had the same colour. They also had a commen border. Last 16 civ game I play for a while. Slow turns.

8. Longasc

Longasc Deity

I hope they add some better looking colors in Civ 4 - this pink is just too terrible... :)

9. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Be happy with the nations now getting even "unfamiliar" colours. There are some threads regarding the fact that sometimes differents tribes used to have identical colours, making it very difficult to distinguish the one from the other.

10. Ramalhão

Ramalhão Warlord

There should be an option to change some color in some civilizations after the game began. So, you could avoid having 2 or 3 civilizations with similar colors. I had a game with 3 civs in pink variations (differents, but still confusing).

11. Alone

Alone Emperor

The colors are realy not good choosed in Civgame. When I play now I usually change them how I should think it should be.

I still don't have C3C but I'm disapointed couse I can see from your post that Byzantium is not in "Byzantin Blue" color (which have Spain in PTW) and Red shod be reserve color for Byz.

Good thing is that is easy to changed if you want in Editor.

Just notice.

12. whatever_du

whatever_du Chieftain

It also happened to me to have two civs with the Exactly same color!
    and I don't have eyes probleme either ! :p
    it'd be great to pick at least your own civ color, I would chose the Dark red from Byzantine or carthage!

13. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I know that when the Hittites, Persians, and Greeks are in the game, the Greeks tend to get a new color (first game it was Roman red, second game Rome had that color, so they took gold).

14. socralynnek

socralynnek Civ & Hattrick addict

If some civs have the same color, be sure to check the option "Color Blind Help". Then the name of the civilization is appended to the city names.