Combat bonus and naval unit

martyb36

Chieftain
Not able to set up a game at the moment to test so wondering if anyone could answer this question:
Do combat bonus such as Aztec amenities, America continent, religious (near certain cities), England other continent, Spain with religious unit etc apply to naval units?
Also do they get support and flank bonus?

Also do they get support and flank bonus?
A scout embarked on the same square as a caravel counts as +4 flank and support versus an adjacent land or sea tile.

An American Caravel attacking a Spanish city on americas home continent gets the bonus I believe.

To expand on that, after poking around the UnitAbilities and UnitPromotion files a lot I think I understand which 'tile' combat takes place in for the purpose of different bonuses (continent, terrain/feature or adjacency).

1) In close quarter attacks, combat always takes place on the tile the defender is on.
2) In ranged attacks, the attacker is on their own tile and the defender on theirs.

So an American caravel attacking a Spanish city on America's home continent gets the bonus. But if the American caravel is sailing out of a city on their home continent to attack a besieging Spanish ship it would not. However, if it was an American frigate firing out of a city on their home continent on the same ship it would get the bonus.

Disclaimer: I haven't done a full 100% thorough test of this, but that's what I've observed every time.

Top Bottom