Combat IV-V and March

orgonebox

Squidtastic
Now that the heal percentages allocated to combat IV and V have been allocated to march, how about allowing archery units the march promotion? Insofar as I can tell, archery is a part of the regular army, and there's no reason to have to follow an upgrade path that involves four promotions on a warrior plus the amount of gold just to have a unit that sacrifices a combat promotion on march. I suggest the change comes under consideration of the fact that with the accessibility of archery via mining, I've seen many stacks o' doom from the AI including large numbers of archers.

However, I am not recommending this change for recon units. I would like to see a stealth promotion implemented that occurs after one turn of fortification, but I also understand that the classic forest stealth promotion was deleted due to processor/memory costs in terms of checking python functions. Perhaps recon units could learn guerrilla II or woodsman II, or gain some special movement promotion specialization that functioned in specific terrains, available only to recon?

Recon already can learn guerilla 2 and woodsman 2, but you'll have to research arete and hidden paths to use them. And you'll need Runes of Kilmorph and Fellowship of the Leaves state religions (respectively) to get them. Note that once you have ie. arete, and convert to another state religion, you still have access to guerilla 2. Same for woodsman 2. Also, melee, archers and disciples can get guerilla 2 too. Woodsman 2, is available only to recon though.

Apart from the fact that I already understand FFH's religion mechanics, I thought that special terrain promos unique to recon units would be advantageous - not necessarily providing the defense/attack bonuses of GII and WII, but perhaps the movement bonuses.

If I'd been playing FFH since forest stealth was an option, you'd think I'd learned some of the different promotions and how they worked.

Top Bottom