1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[TOT] Combat lagging out?

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by L0ki, Jul 16, 2020.

1. L0ki

L0ki Chieftain

When I'm playing Civ 2 test of time or civ 2 during combat often the game will hang and just show a spinning circle. I still hear audio but often I miss out on what is going on during combat so I constantly have to look to see what happened after the fact.

Is this a common problem? Oddly enough using this tool https://github.com/FoxAhead/Civ2-UI-Additions it fixes the bug but that doesn't help me in test of time.

2. JPetroski

JPetroski Deity

I have the same issue. I've been told it is a windows issue. It doesn't do this on win xp.

3. Knighttime

Knighttime Warlord

I used to have this issue as well, but was able to resolve it for Test of Time by running the executable in XP compatibility mode. Right-click on civ2.exe and select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab, check the first box and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)". If you are running TOTPP, you might need to do this for TOTLauncher.exe as well.