Combat odds ...

Anyone ever noticed combat odds are basically useless?

I've had many cases where combat odds are > 70% in my favor and I'd loose ... many of which are in the 90% chances. It's just infuriating :mad: .

Just wondering of anyone else having the same experiences or if it's just my bad luck.

Berserks01,

When I find myself questioning what I should do, or how the game mechanics work, I always ask myself, what would Attacko say? I think Attacko would suggest fighting at 50% odds, or less - Military units who fight at better odds are soft and lose their warrior spirit. Plus you will gain more XPs when winning than you would at 99% odds. This is the superior. Try it, and let us know how it works out for you.

On the flipping of coins...

An early trend can permanently skew the center line of your bell curve for a given sampling. I read such an article a few years ago and tried to look for it online yesterday to no avail. I remember it something like this:
Consider the very unusual, but certainly possible outcome of the first ten flips being all heads. Relative to this point each flip is still 50/50, so unless you get an equal tails streak, or an equivelent series of smaller tails streaks, the number of heads will remain greater than the the number of tails for the duration of the sampling.

The combat calculator is a really stupid idea in the FIRST place, because there are only 2 possible outcomes (either you win, or you lose). Therefore, EVERY SINGLE BATTLE has a 50% win probability. It's simple probability, you divide the ways you can win by the total number of outcomes, which is 1/2, which is 50%.

This hysterical gem of wrongness deserves its own spot on the third page, I feel. :lol:

LOL.

Missed that one.

I guess I have a 50% chance to drop dead tomorrow too, since it's either that or stay alive ;)

It's a nice circular reasoning, isn't it? :D First we assume that the outcomes have equal odds and then you conclude that the outcomes have equal odds :p

Next in line should be a demostration that 1 = 2/2 :devil:

Top Bottom