Combat only in adjacent tiles (Request)

4lexander

Warlord
Hi everyone,

I'm here to ask if any skilled and willing modder(s) would like to take on this one.

I asked about my idea in the Quick Questions thread but it turned out to be definitely a challenging one not to face for a newbie.

So my idea in a nutshell: I wish the game to only allow combat for units within adjacent tiles.

That is, a unit would have to move and reach its target adjacent tiles before attacking, and stop acting like mobile forts with ludicrous range.

The concept is pretty simple, but realization is not.

Is there anyone brave enough to accept the challenge? :goodjob:

You could probably do something along the lines of Zones of Control - whenever a unit moves next to an enemy unit it loses the rest of its movement points.

You could probably do something along the lines of Zones of Control - whenever a unit moves next to an enemy unit it loses the rest of its movement points.

Except for what if you wanted to keep moving past the unit and not stop? I think it's going to take some SDK, but I wouldn't know.

It doesn't matters at all with the scope of the mod.

This way it would even severe the issue of a unit acting like a fort just sitting in the middle of nowhere, now it would even deny enemy movement, and then, combat.

How would it be attacked and removed?

No, I want that units have to be in the same place to fight, more accurately in adjacent tiles

- since in Civ only friendly unit can occupy the same tile, at least have them in the immediate nearings -

and nothing else.

Top Bottom