Combining Affinities?

Jimjemael

Chieftain
Hi all.

So we know that your affinity is decided by a number of things including which technologies you research, but is it possible to reach varying levels of different affinities at any one time?

For example reaching level 3 supremacy (no maintenance on roads/mag-rails) and level 6 purity (+2 orbital coverage in all cities).

It's early days and I understand we might not have an answer for this yet, but I couldn't help asking.

Hi all.

So we know that your affinity is decided by a number of things including which technologies you research, but is it possible to reach varying levels of different affinities at any one time?

For example reaching level 3 supremacy (no maintenance on roads/mag-rails) and level 6 purity (+2 orbital coverage in all cities).

It's early days and I understand we might not have an answer for this yet, but I couldn't help asking.

Yes, u can get this. But u only get ur "top" units at an level 12 affinity so going wide can get tricky and leaves u open for attack from a player who has an level 12 affinity when u don't have one.

It seems like you can mix affinities to an extent. I expect you can manage to max out one and at least get the initial bonuses for the other two.

It is possible to reach them... however, we don't know

1. if the Affinity benefits are only for those with that as their largest affinity (probably not)

2. How Affinity specific units work
-do you just need to research the affinity tech to get them
-do you need their Affinity as your highest level
-do you need a certain level in that Affinity
-do the Affinity specific units just need high Affinity levels to get good perks (assuming they upgrade like the others.. ) eg you can build a Xenotitan with Harmony level 1... but it is only Str20... if you have Harmony level 6 it gets a boost, if you have Harmony level 9 it gets a boost, and a final boost at Harmony level 12 (so you are dealing with an actual powerful unit then)

3. How do the Affinity specific buildings work
-do you just need to research the affinity tech to get them
-do you need their Affinity as your highest level
-do you need a certain level in that Affinity

Something we do know
For Generic units (like soldiers)
once you take the level 3 upgrade for a specific Affinity, you can't "go back" and take the level 3 upgrades for a different affinity.... but you can (it appears) take the level 4 upgrade for a different affinity.

Not sure if you can put of taking it though (if I get level 6 Purity, but I want to get the Supremacy soldier upgrade instead, if I can Wait and take the Supremacy upgrade when I reach Supremacy level 6)

Top Bottom