Come on! Give me a challange!

bloodofages

Prince
I am playing as the French Empire, i have already 4 cities, and pretty good on tech, the AI civs have 1 or 2 cities, and kinda slow on the tech. I am thinking of restarting, cause i am playing at a easy level, which level do you think is good for begginers, but offer a good challange?

Well what level are you playing at?

If it's Chieftain, move up to Warlord. Or even Noble. I play at Warlord, 'cos i'm not too good, but Chieftain is just too easy.

Well in your next game, try Warlord. It provides a tougher challenge than Chieftain, that's for sure.

Thanks, i think i will start with Warlord or Noble, know that i know the civs won't be that easy at every level.

Before you got to Noble, try Warlord. It smoothens the transition from bonuses to no bonuses.

Chieftain is a learning level. You can feel free to do pretty much anything and see how that works out. It won't punish you for your mistakes.

Try Warlord next, it still gives you bonuses, but Warlord already require some real strategy.

I'd class myself as a beginner, I've been playing Civ4 with BtS for about a month. I haven't played any other Civ games and haven't played a PC game since the Shogun: Total War era.

What I've done is win a few games, with an Augustus Ceaser ranking or similar, then move up a level. Also, mix it up and achieve all the different victories.

Currently I'm playing on Emperor and have yet to see the AI win a game. Although, I think I got eliminated a couple of times when I first played on Chieftain.

I guess if you want a challenge, with a game balanced for your skills, you should choose a level that will give you a win once in 8 games (with 7 opponents). So maybe give Deity a try! :lol:

How many games have you played at Chieftain?

My approach was to play each level until it felt easy. That meant one game each at Settler, Chieftain, and Warlord.

If you've previously cleaned up at Chieftain, I'd say quit your game and move up to Warlord. You aren't learning anything you don't already know at Chieftain.

For me, I played my first game at Warlord, and not knowing how the game had changed since Civ 2, I got beat (bad idea pissing off neighboring Monty and Alex while at war with two other civs).

Spent a few games on warlord, noble when I got the hang and now playing Prince. Chieftain and Settler are very, very stacked for the human..

Yep. I started as a total noob on Settler, but I felt bored after a while, so I switched to Chieftain for 5 games, Warlords for 10 (big jump from Chieftain to Warlords!), then switched to Noble for good. Though I am contemplating going to Prince...

Top Bottom