1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Come test out the improved MP stability

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by CanuckSoldier, Jul 28, 2017.

1. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

The early reports from the few games we have played today seem to indicate that the game is indeed more stable for MP players post Summer 2017 patch!

Please come to Civplayers Leagues discord if you gave up on MP before, or just want to try some fun MP games with players that take the game seriously and have fun.

https://discord.me/cpl

CS

2. Swissy

Swissy Chieftain

I think you may have spoke to soon. Was just in the CPL lobby and watched for an hour as twelve players tried to get some sort of game going. Eventually the majority gave up. Still six players trying, the rest have left. Also, I've had problems with most public lobby game I've tried joining. Looks like Firaxis broke multiplayer, again.

3. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

The game looks very stable once in a game, but yes just connecting in a game staging lobby seems to have large issues. I'll report the issue.

CS

4. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

I have issues if I leave the MP game. I can't get back in without rebooting the computer. This happens when lobby isn't working and we need to restart the lobby. Sometimes someone has connection issues and they can't rejoin until we restart the game again. Maybe they just need to reboot their computer as well to rejoin the game?

But this is fairly consistent.

5. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

Not sure what could be your specific problem, but since the patch, having mods subscribed at all causes all sorts in problems with the staging lobby and connecting to players in staging. The game is pretty stable when in the game, unless someone has a really weak computer. But staging is really getting difficult especially with new players that don't know about unsubscribing to mods.

CS

6. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

Yes, I know mods are problematic in MP. Sometime this is the issue and I am usually reminded to unsubscribe to all mods. But, even without any mods, it still does it, as mods will just not let me join at all.

7. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    Not ture. In fact, in testing I've done with a number of players, Mods can actually make the Staging Room MORE stable, i.e., the Civ of Thrones mod is great for this, much more stable than without mods.

8. GunslingerCiv

GunslingerCiv Chieftain

He meant when you're staging a NON Mod game, if a player joined with Mods subscribed it causes other players to DC from the lobby. Also, the best method to lobby a game, or relobby one is to call the players in one at a time so they all don't spam the lobby, which seems to cause issues with the slots and connectivity.

9. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

It is very true, you are just using the opposite solution...have everyone have the same mod :-/ That however is not a practical solution for the mainstream MP scene at Civplayers....or the pub lobby for that matter.

CS

10. AmtrakQuebec

AmtrakQuebec Chieftain

You know that place by the other place...
    I don't know what you're smoking but I've hosted dozens of mod games in the pub lobby successfully, so it is very practical.

11. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

Only because you are forcing them all to play what ever mod it is that you are using...

CS