Coming Soon - on your PC...

Sent you the rest, Henrik, including HTML help, batch files and sounds :)

so when are you going to relise the English version?
Can't wait to try it out!:goodjob:

Sounds great! Looking good! :goodjob:

...and here is it!

Yup, the English version of Cross&Crescent 2.0 is released, even sooner than the German version (which will follow in the next days). Enjoy!

http://www.civ2000.civ2.gamigo.de/english/CrossandCrescent.htm

And a big thanks from here to all who helped me :king:

Some hints: the scn comes with a html help instead of a readme text file. After unzipping all files into the scn folder, view the file "CrossHelp.htm" in your browser. The scn has multiple events files for each of the playable civs, so please follow the intructions under "Installation" and "Scenario Setup" carefully. If anything is unclear or does not work, please post here... :cry: ;)

Another thing. you´ll get a lot of "xy has made peace with..." messages in the first turn, simply ignore them, they are incorrect and will not happen later :) And don´t worry if some conquests are very difficult in the beginning, this is intendet. It will get better when you discover new techs.

A modified game.txt (thanks Henrik), it replaces the older file

If you dl the entire scn now you don´t need it, the zipfile contains now this newer file

This is one of the best scenarios out there!
It is a little bit hard in the beggining, but then it gets easier, and fun.
I played the franks and will play the germans next.

BTW i have win XP and for some reason bat files don't work properly, so I have to change eventsy by hand. anyone know why this is?

This is a smal program i fund in this forum some time ago.
You only put the file in the same map as the bat and it works.
I don't remember ho made it, but it wasen't me.

:goodjob:

Originally posted by Stormbringer
BTW i have win XP and for some reason bat files don't work properly, so I have to change eventsy by hand. anyone know why this is?

Thanks for your comment :)

To your problem, it seems that normal DOS batch filews does not run under WinXP. I have similar problems under Win2000. I haven´t tested gerryandersson´s file yet, somehow I can´t unpack it...

How do you make those cool graphics (I mean those 3D-images you have as you Title image and at your homepage)?

Well, I use a 3d modelling and rendering software named Maxon Cinema 4D. For example the knight in the title.gif of Cross&Crescent is a 3d model that was rendered on a neutral background, then I used a normal gfx software (Corel´s PhotoPaint) to to combine it with the Dome of the Rock photo. Finally I added the frame and the scn name, also with PhotoPaint.

Unfortunately those 3d software packages are often very expensive, even the low cost version of Cinema 4D (without animation tools) costs 175€. I can give you a link if you are interested, but be aware that such programes are much more difficult to use than normal gfx software. However, once you are a bit routined the results can be great...;)

I don't know way you can't un pack it.
dose some one else have the same problem.

I used Win Ace. I have sent flies via e-mail that were paked in the same way, and they mever complaind.

:confused:

Testing again

Hey BeBro!

I just downloaded C&C...I'll give a try this afternoon (Oh...I can I am not getting much homework done already!)...

Anyway...I'll send you a pics and ideas that I wanted to use for my title.gif of North and South this weekend...and I want you to know that your help is appreciated.

Good Job!

John

Top Bottom