Comings, Goings and New Arrivals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to ask what a feinein git was. Do we Americans confuse you as much? :lol:

You can't tell me you don't know what a chode is. :lol:
I was about to ask what a feinein git was. Do we Americans confuse you as much? :lol:
Fenian is vaguely equatable with 'Irish'.

A 'git' usually an annoying person who you don't want to hear anymore, or is quite innane. It's quite a common 'insult' round here (it's not really an insult, it's common to call friends a git and they won't really mind.) One term I've never heard anywhere except America is a 'jerk.' I'm not too sure what it means, and it just doesn't happen here.

A 'git' usually an annoying person who you don't want to hear anymore, or is quite innane. It's quite a common 'insult' round here (it's not really an insult, it's common to call friends a git and they won't really mind.) One term I've never heard anywhere except America is a 'jerk.' I'm not too sure what it means, and it just doesn't happen here.

It means git.

On another note, in some rural areas of the USA, "git" is a quick way of saying "get out of here".
It means git.
Pretty much yeah.

Actually, I was thinking about it, and if you use git lightly with your friends, that's not quite a jerk. A jerk is a rude, unpleasant person. I think rude is probably the strongest descriptor. You might call someone a jerk teasingly, but not commonly. It's mostly equivalent to the autocensored word about the donkey and the cavity.

Well, tomorrow I go back to uni and to the grindstone, so my presence here will be much less.
It's been a good coupla months holiday, very enjoyable, and some of ya I would be happy wanking through letterboxes with until the ASBO came through
organise the cfc meet before you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have midyears in a few weeks and I desperately need to do well on these. Consequently I will be trying my best to avoid CFC, seeing as it takes up a good part of my day. I'll still lurk! Goodbye!

I have midyears in a few weeks and I desperately need to do well on these. Consequently I will be trying my best to avoid CFC, seeing as it takes up a good part of my day. I'll still lurk! Goodbye!

Best thing to do in that case is to ask for a ban - that way you can lurk but can't post...

*Yawn*

My hibernation is over :goodjob:

And mine too.

Sidhe, Ab, good to have ye both back

Thanks very much. :)

Oddly enough Ab left at exactly the same time as me IIRC, in fact he posted before me I think, now that's a coincidence.

Actually, I was thinking about it, and if you use git lightly with your friends, that's not quite a jerk. A jerk is a rude, unpleasant person. I think rude is probably the strongest descriptor. You might call someone a jerk teasingly, but not commonly. It's mostly equivalent to the autocensored word about the donkey and the cavity.

actually we use jerk and git the same up here in this area of the GTA. then again, a couple of blocks over they might not, so idk.

actually we use jerk and git the same up here in this area of the GTA. then again, a couple of blocks over they might not, so idk.

What about wanker?

some Irish slang ye may not have heard of

Poxy
Dirtbird
Geebag
Brasser
Knacker (racist connotations)
Dickhead
Bollix
Langer
Diddies
Mickey