Comings, Goings and New Arrivals IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaving tomorrow on a six month holiday in Europe. I'm bound to have some limited internet access some of the time, but I cannot vouch for it. What I can guarantee is that I will certainly not be posting 14.12 times a day. Probably much more likely that I'll be posting once a week, for the coming six months.

The Gold Coast does not have beautiful women :D

They are very attractive until they start talking.

I realised your confusion, hence my explanation. Anyway I would have said I was going to Ghana. I do use the present name, such as Myanmar, rather than Burma.

"Yes, I'd like to send this letter to the Prussian consulate in Siam by aeromail. Am I too late for the 4:30 autogyro?"

I actually know someone who went on holidays to Ghana. He wasn't volunteering or doing charity or anything like that either. It sounds like an awesome place to visit from what he says.

Nothing is wrong :lol: It's just a little unusual. It'd be made humorous if he called it the Gold Coast :lol: I wonder if he'd get beaten up if he said it in Ghana.

Nothing is wrong :lol: It's just a little unusual. It'd be made humorous if he called it the Gold Coast :lol: I wonder if he'd get beaten up if he said it in Ghana.

Well judging from personal experience of the Gold Coast and anecdotal information of Ghana I'd say you're far more likely to get beaten up in the Gold Coast, for whatever reason. In general they don't need a reason to start a fight in the Gold Coast. I've never seen security checkpoints (ie. metal detectors and ID scanners) going into bars anywhere else.

Actually I take that back. There was a really dodgy latino bar I went to in the US that did metal scanners on the way in. Lacked the 1984 style ID scanners though.

Well judging from personal experience of the Gold Coast and anecdotal information of Ghana I'd say you're far more likely to get beaten up in the Gold Coast, for whatever reason. In general they don't need a reason to start a fight in the Gold Coast. I've never seen security checkpoints (ie. metal detectors and ID scanners) going into bars anywhere else.

Actually I take that back. There was a really dodgy latino bar I went to in the US that did metal scanners on the way in. Lacked the 1984 style ID scanners though.

Really? It seems pretty likely that referring to Ghana as the Gold Coast while in Ghana would increase your likelihood of being beaten up in Ghana compared to getting beaten up in Australia. There's bound to be quite a few who gets riled up by a white man calling Ghana what their former enslavers used to call it?

Or maybe Ghana is more modern than I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom