Comings, Goings and New Arrivals IX: Those Things Come And Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to Baltimore for about 10 days and will only have a phone should I have time for CFC. It's a four sibling meeting to continue the dispersion of our mother's accumulated stuff after living in the same house for 70 years.

Sounds like a lot of work, BJ. And work is no time for reminiscence - you'll never get through it all if you don't stay on task. That said, there's nothing quite like the feeling of talking over old memories with family. One of life's sweetest things.

BTW I just finished a huge slog of work, so I should be into a 'regular' routine again. Sorry for the unannounced absence. Who could have known a month of 90-hour work weeks would leave me with little motivation for posting!?

Due to some unexpected life issues I'm taking a break. I don't know when I'll be back.

I'll make up for your lost postcount, 'Phro. Get back safe and sound. :wavey:

Sounds like a lot of work, BJ. And work is no time for reminiscence - you'll never get through it all if you don't stay on task. That said, there's nothing quite like the feeling of talking over old memories with family. One of life's sweetest things.

BTW I just finished a huge slog of work, so I should be into a 'regular' routine again. Sorry for the unannounced absence. Who could have known a month of 90-hour work weeks would leave me with little motivation for posting!?
Got back today. Our efforts were sufficiently successful that all of the significant items in the house can now be sent to new homes, auctioned or donated. I'm glad to be home.

Going away for family Christmas... think of it as my Xmas gift for the lefties... back 1st Jan 2019 :mischief:

I've had a hectic last couple weeks, so I have not been around much.

1. I got some bad "super high blood pressure" news recently and has thus tried to change my diet and lifestyle to lower risk of bad things happening. I am cooking a lot more, being more active, etc. which is taking away from my available free time.
2. I was invited to join a textmode art group and have accepted the invitation. As a result I am more involved in that community of artists, coders, and other assorted weirdos.
3. Christmas and relatives and shopping for gifts and getting things ready and attending dinners and oh my. Merry Christmas everyone!

Going away for family Christmas... think of it as my Xmas gift for the lefties... back 1st Jan 2019 :mischief:
Please keep to your promises. :p

Please keep to your promises. :p
Back early I managed to get my daughter and granddaughter to come to the big smoke for the rest of the holidays. I get to go to the Boxing day cricket test (India vs Australia) over the next week
They get to go shopping and live on the beach while we are having a heat wave (40C- 45C expected )
I don't do well in the 'bush'... :rolleyes: not enough coffee places with wi-fi ...

I appear...:old:

I joined to forum because of Civ3. I played the game at the time and then had about ten years break. I have started Civ3 again and guess what, I am back to forums. Funny.

I have returned from prison a 10 day silent meditation camp, bringing you all my enlightenment cookies.

I have returned from prison a 10 day silent meditation camp, bringing you all my enlightenment cookies.
I usually just eat the dough. Welcome back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom