Comings, Goings and New Arrivals VII: Quitters and Hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first couple of days there was torrential rain and wind, and on the last day there was a misty drizzle that made everything drenched. For the rest of the time it was sunny or cloudy and not too hot.

I did plan to do a lot of drawings, as going on the holiday the only opportunity I get for drawing, but I only ended up with eight unfinished drawings. I guess it's because I can't practice, and that my eyesight is getting worse.

Before the holiday I got a new camera, and ended up taking almost 300 photographs. This year there was many sightings of wild animals, including dolphins, otters, and seals, but as I couldn't see them at all with my poor eyesight I couldn't take photos of any of them. I only wild animals I did see was a raven, which was flying too fast, and one seal, which I could see through the camera but never took a photo because I was told it was a dog and once it disappeared I was told then it was a seal.

Through the holiday I felt miserable. I was constantly reminded that I'm no good at anything, that all I did was get in the way, that I'm wrong about everything and that everything I like is rubbish.

CH is well-spirited as always I see. :p

Glad to see that you are still around. :)

/me scratches CH's tummy

Hi there. To be frank, where on earth have you been?

Excellent reference.

It's long. It's complicated. Much has happened in my life in this past year, and I'm sure that much has happened here that I've missed out on.

I'm sure that I will give a long, drawn-out post in either the current Rant or Raves thread that will detail exactly what I've been doing with my life for these past several months. But I'm not necessarily back full-time. I'm in college now and working part-time, so I'm extremely limited with my time. But, all is well! Very happy to see this community again.

Welcome back! :wavey:

So the thruster design I've been working on the last few weeks got green-lit today. It's pretty exciting to work on something that might get to fly in space! However, this news came with a two-week hard deadline to get a preliminary design review together. There was also another huge development at the sat team (which I'm not allowed to say exactly for the moment, but soon) that I found out about this afternoon.

So all this means my free time essentially evaporated and I won't be around a whole lot for the unforeseeable future. :sad:

We can bear your loss FOR SCIENCE!

Best possible reason for an absence, Hobbs (short of your wifey going into labor!) Best of luck!!

There was also another huge development at the sat team (which I'm not allowed to say exactly for the moment, but soon) that I found out about this afternoon.

Did Kent finally finish his mirror??

Best possible reason for an absence, Hobbs (short of your wifey going into labor!) Best of luck!!

Haha, I could see that conversation now.

Now hold on just a second honey, I'll drive you to the hospital in juuust a minute. Huh? Yeah, I know you're in pain, it's just that we're going to be away from the computers for 1-2 days and I have some people on the internet that I'm generally cordial with and I think they'd like to know where I'm going to be. So just give me a couple more secs to just finish off this sentence and...OK! You can go back to being in labor now, let's get you to that hospital.

Hey Hobbs, great news for ya! I hope someday we can see you in the news as a big shot engineer working at NASA or something, man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom