1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CoMM3 Complete Interface Graphics

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by tom2050, Dec 5, 2010.

1. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Complete Interface Graphics (based off the interface created for Conquests of Might and Magic 3)

Download here... CoMM3Interface.rar

All CoMM3 specific images and text have been removed. Appropriate files included to help quickly add your own images.

Files include:
    screens for Advisors, city screens, Civilopedia, credits, diplomacy and MP, espionage, interface, player setup, replay, scenario mgmt, wonder, world setup, histograph, and otehr misc. (75 total files)

NOTE: For Civilopedia Optional Image 'cover-up' files where you can place images, the files have been included with black boxes placed on the Magenta background (they will work in game). These are the exact locations where the image of your choice should be placed to fit best on the civilopedia screen. If you don't wish to have any images, you can remove these files (but they look fine in game as is):
    Art/Civilopedia/B-cover.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/civilopediaA-bottom-coverUp.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/civilopediaA-top-coverUp.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/civilopediaC-coverUp.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/civilopediaD-coverUp.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/civilopediaE-coverUp.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/civilopediaF-coverUp.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/F-lower.pcx
    Art/Civilopedia/F-upper.pcx

If you alter these with image of your choice, you will need to modify the image palette.

Also, 2 PSD (Photoshop) files (with layers) are included:
    Art/Civilopedia/CivilopediaC.psd
    Art/interface/x_pref background.psd
    * These layered images are available so you can insert an image of your choice properly into them (and index them to a PCX file). I do not have PSP, so I could not provide the appropriate layered file for PSP. Sorry!

Arrows are not included on the tech screens; if requested they can be added to fit the regular C3C un-modded tech screens.

Good for not only fantasy, but many types of themes. Is an elegant, but stylish format. A portion was based off LotM interface.

Screenshots (images have been scaled down in size):
    Spoiler :

-

-

-

-

-

2. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

Looks really nice, and very uniform throughout. :goodjob::)

3. Gojira54

Gojira54 The folly of Man

I quite like it. Permission for partial use?

4. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

I'm fine with that. Partial use, modifications, etc are ok with me.

5. Tortosa

Tortosa The Big E

Very nice, I just tried it out and looked at the civpedia screens - it's harder to see that hardcoded vertical pink line on the right side when its next to the red border. It's a nice added benefit, plus they look so much better than that Firaxis style.

6. darski

darski Regent in Training

Oh no... I just changed my interface and I really, really like this one. Excellent work on this.

I could always change back :mischief:

I'll dl this one fer shure.

7. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

I'm currently running an extensive test to see if the pink line is actually hardcoded, or is from one of the PCX graphics. I'm eliminating the pink portions in all PCX files via scripts to determine if the pink line is changed to another color in game. If it is, then Civ3 is grabbing that line from one or more of the PCX files (in which it can be narrowed down and found out which it is). If not, then we will know it is indeed hardcoded. Hopefully it's the first and a solution can be found.

8. Tortosa

Tortosa The Big E

I hope you can find a way to fix it, I've always hated that pink line. Even if you can't, it is at least bearable when next to the red border. It's like night and day compared to the old Firaxis graphic where the pink line stuck out like a sore thumb against the tan/beige colours.

9. darski

is there any way to change the [selected] colour on the words? I find it very difficult to read slate on brown. It is only because I am familiar with the layout that I can 'read' it at all. if the colour is not hard coded, what does it take to give it another colour?

And yes I am old and my eyes ain't so good nohow

10. wolf_brother

wolf_brother King

11. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

You mean when the selected is a bluish color? I don't believe there is a way to alter that color. I don't recall seeing anything anywhere to do that (in labels.txt or elsewhere). Sorry!

12. darski

That's ok... like I said I know most of the stuff by location anyway. I am liking it so far.

13. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Definately my favourite interface at the moment. It's been put into my new mod ;).

14. haluu

haluu Confused Troglodyte

well done tom! looks niiiicceee!

15. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Extremely nice interface. Very Classy - and you're right: would work with any mod (would go well with an old west mod, for instance). I like your borders and leather textures. Amazing; when did you ever find the time to do this?

Don't bother; it's hardcoded. Waaay back when we did the Steampunk Interface we had a team on it, with the result that we all ended up saying, "Yup, it's hardcoded."

16. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

This is really excellent work, tom. I think I'm going to use this set as my regular interface! This + Ares terrain + large monitor = beautiful :goodjob:

17. DFBATTLER

DFBATTLER Bob Saget

Nice work, Tom! :)

18. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Fixed file for the Interface:

** Reuploaded the main file with a corrected file (popupborders.pcx), which was displaying incorrectly due to top border showing much larger than side and bottom borders. You can also download the individual corrected file from Filedropper: EDIT/Filedropper deleted them, please redownload the main file to obtain if you do not have.

19. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

Additional File for the CoMM3 interface added. It has also been added to the main download.

Adds the Global Warming PCX, and also includes GlobalWarming-ALT.pcx (alternative which has no sun on the interface screen, is blank in essence).

Redownload the main file, or get the globalwarming files from attached file below. The file (GlobalWarming.pcx) goes in the Art/Interface directory.

Attached Files:

20. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Nice additions/corrections Tom. This interface looks great and should find a place in many mods!