Commerce city states

control740

Chieftain
So in my current game, I had Lisbon pretty close to my starting point. Before long they had a commerce district up (it was still BC) and a trade route with them was producing 15 gold per turn. I had built a few commerce districts of my own(which add trade routes) and so I was raking in cash hand over fist.

This seems kinda broken. Thoughts?

I don't think its broken, but it is very strong. I think this forum is undervaluing commercial districts and harbors quite a bit. Have fun with your awesome early setup!

Also keep in mind that even if you become suzerain that doesn't prevent other players from having trade routes with Lisbon. And if it's broken, Commercial city states at least have a chance of being in any given spot on any given map.

I don't think its broken, but it is very strong. I think this forum is undervaluing commercial districts and harbors quite a bit. Have fun with your awesome early setup!

Given commercial districts into maxing out trade routes are priority #2 by the generally-agreed-upon priority order, I don't think I'd call them underrated.

I also find the money city-states really terribly powerful. The 3-delegate bonus gives you insane cash for very little investment given how hard you're going to want to spam out commercial hubs anyways, the trade route yield is insane. It could probably stand to be brought down somewhat.

Given commercial districts into maxing out trade routes are priority #2 by the generally-agreed-upon priority order, I don't think I'd call them underrated.

I also find the money city-states really terribly powerful. The 3-delegate bonus gives you insane cash for very little investment given how hard you're going to want to spam out commercial hubs anyways, the trade route yield is insane. It could probably stand to be brought down somewhat.
And then the Aztecs come in and conquer Lisbon.:cry:
That's what happened to me.

Harbours yes, the general consensus is very hot on commercial and industrial though.

Top Bottom