Commishioning new Wonder Artwork for Mod

Impaler[WrG]

Civ4:Col UI programmer
The first Warlords compatible version of the NewWonders mod package has been released and will soon see use in Kets Mod, now I'd like to commishion some artwork for the next version.

Caste Neuschwanstein and the Leaning Tower of Pisa by Chamaedrys are already slated for inclusion as are several wonders for Firaxis Senarios (they will have new effects though) and any good wonders that are produced will be added eventaly. But I'm now hoping that some specific wonders I request can be produced.

My two main requests are as follows

The Terracota Army - (This wonder will produce a free conscript every X turns, X being configurable in XML, code for this is functional and ready to rock) I'm thinking a single chineese soldiar from the chineese unification senario could be reskined, shrunk and duplicated numerous times in a nice grid formation to reflect the army.

The Springfield Armory - (this is currently in the package but art-less) I have found some pictures of the Armory but their old and black and white, I think a redbrick building with a small black cannon (shrunken cannon unit without gunner could work) in front would be nice. Also the armory is said to have a destinctive iron fence around it which would be a nice visual touch. The photos show a destinctive castle like tower over the main entance another strong visual element. See the attached photos. A new button would also be handy, either a picture of the building or some rifles would look nice.

Additionaly some wonders I would like to see done some day but dont have any imediate need for include...

Empire State Building
Golden Gate Bridge
Bagan Temples of Burma
Potala Palace at Lhasa, Tibet
Petra in Jordan
Maoi Statues of EasterIsland - Slated for BTS
St. Peter's Basilica/Vatican
Borobudur stupa in Indonesia
Alhambra fortess in Spain
Louvre Museum
Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Thailand
Golden Temple of India (Sikh Shrine)
Meenakshi Temple in Madurai India
Christ Redemer statue of Rio de Janeiro - Slated for BTS
Golden Pavillion, Japan
Abu Simbel, Egypt
Shwedagon Pagoda - Slated for BTS
Mont-St-Michel, France
Topkapi Palace, Istambul
Square of Marrakesh
Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
Great Zimbabwa
Nazka Lines
Temple of the Sun and Moon

Most of these can be found at this site >>> http://www.hillmanwonders.com/

Attachments

• 17NHS83.G.1.jpg
    17NHS83.G.1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 389
I'll print out some pics tomorrow and see if any of them talk to me. ;)

I'm supprised you did not go for Dubai Towers

Christ Redemer statue of Rio de Janeiro OOOOOOHHHHHHH Now thats cool.

Their are currently 2 buildings under construction in Dubai which will EACH be trying to be the tallest building in the world (neither one will state how tall it plans to be in fear that the competitor will build 1 foot higher), along with a theam park larger then DisneyLand, the worlds largest Sports complex and several atificial Islands and an Underwater Hotel. At this rate Dubai Towers will be considered the slum end of town in a few years. :eek: :eek: :eek:

The point is that "Wonders" much like people take time to be judged "Great" and the newest upstart tall/neat/cool looking building dosn't count as a Wonder untill it become Iconic to its city. Modern sky scrapers even the very largest and comparitivly small investments of manpower and resorces compared to the Wonders of the past which often took lifetimes to build and utilized the labor or whole Empires.

I see theirs is a Statue of Zeus Building but I dont see any real Mausoleum their is a Senario ware they just renamed the Parthenon the Mausoleum if thats what you mean?

How about Malbork Castle (Teutonic Order Stronghold in Poland). Maybe it's not enough for world but definitely for Europe wonder and I kind of already have artwork for it.

Throw up a screeny and I'll consider it (though I reserve the right to totaly re-name it to something more well know if I so desire)

Renaming won't work because my little (almost complete) movie includes this image so it can't be anything else. To help you consider I can add that it's world’s largest brick castle and one of the most impressive of its kind in Europe. :)

@Impaler THe Mausoleum doesnt actually appear in the warlords scenarios. The artwork was included in the pack though.

Its listed as Halicarnassus

Art\Structures\Buildings\Halicarnassus

The button is part of the Warlords_Atlas_1 (1,5) I believe (its the first wonder button after the unique buildings. The button for the statue of zeus, the 2 norse wonders, the theater of Dionysus, and a building they use as plato's acadamy.

(For what its worth, i used the Mausoleum as a wonder to give 1 free engineer), figureing that the sheer size of it would require some serious enginneering to pull off in antiquity.

Golden Gate Bridge
I always strange why it doesn't exists in the game as wonder - in the front of the game appears it!

anyways, what technology will be used for christ redemmer wonder?

Some of those will be in BTS if you can wait. I second the borobudur stupas and the alhambra if anyone is considering these.

Impaler[WrG];4491649 said:
The first Warlords compatible version of the NewWonders mod package has been released and will soon see use in Kets Mod, now I'd like to commishion some artwork for the next version.

Caste Neuschwanstein and the Leaning Tower of Pisa by Chamaedrys are already slated for inclusion as are several wonders for Firaxis Senarios (they will have new effects though) and any good wonders that are produced will be added eventaly. But I'm now hoping that some specific wonders I request can be produced.

My two main requests are as follows

The Terracota Army: (dh_epic: note that this is a mausoleum... perhaps it could be like a cemetary with a few soldiers? or even one giant soldier statue?)

The Springfield Armory (...)

Additionaly some wonders I would like to see done some day but dont have any imediate need for include...

Empire State Building
Golden Gate Bridge
Bagan Temples of Burma
Potala Palace at Lhasa, Tibet
Petra in Jordan
Maoi Statues of EasterIsland - Slated for BTS
St. Peter's Basilica/Vatican
Borobudur stupa in Indonesia
Alhambra fortess in Spain
Louvre Museum
Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Thailand
Golden Temple of India (Sikh Shrine)
Meenakshi Temple in Madurai India
Christ Redemer statue of Rio de Janeiro - Slated for BTS
Golden Pavillion, Japan
Abu Simbel, Egypt
Shwedagon Pagoda - Slated for BTS
Mont-St-Michel, France
Topkapi Palace, Istambul
Square of Marrakesh
Porcelain Tower of Nanjing
Great Zimbabwa
Nazka Lines
Temple of the Sun and Moon

Most of these can be found at this site >>> http://www.hillmanwonders.com/

I'm super excited about this thread and would like to add a few more requests, for any keeners out there:

- :) The Sphinx of Giza (Ancient Egypt)
- :) Arc De Triomphe of Paris (Industrial France)
- The League of Nations (Industrial...)
- :) The Great Ziggurat of Ur (Ancient Sumeria / Babylon)
- :) The Great Baths of Mohenjo-Daro (Ancient India)
- House of Wisdom in Baghdad (Medieval Arabia)
- :) Arsenal Novissimo of Venice (Renaissance Italia) -- world's first assembly line
- :) The Appian Way (Classical Rome) -- the road that held the empire together
- :) The Porcelain Tower of Nanjing (Medieval China)
- Red Square / Saint Basil's Cathedral (Renaissance Russia)
- Big Ben (Industrial Britain)
- Sydney Opera House (Modern Australia)
- El Escorial (Renaissance Spain) -- very important monestary, responsible for a Golden Age of religious thought in Spain
- Bete Giyorgis of Lalibela (Medieval Ethiopia) -- monolithic church in Ethiopia sometimes called the Eighth Wonder of the World
- :) Silicon Valley in San Francisco (USA) -- where technology and commerce meet
- :) Autobahn Network (Modern Germany)
- :) Seven Sisters of Moscow (Soviet Russia)
- Anti-Fascist Protection Rampart of Berlin (Soviet Berlin) -- I know this one is controversial, but it is absolutely iconic for an entire generation of people
- Odaiba of Tokyo (Modern Japan) -- large artificial island that does HUGE amounts of commerce today

In addition to the Terracotta Army, these are the wonders I'd really like to see get made. I put a smiley face beside the ones I'd really like to see, but really I'll take anything.

I don't like the Appian Way for the same reason I don't like the Transcontinental Railroad... you can build them without having either a road or a railroad respectively.

What I would like to see is Wonders that require certain improvement accomplishments... for example, a road that connects at least X number of cities or spans X number of tiles (or a combination of the two). Then just so you can have your nice little wonder movie, it will automatically put a wonder in one of the cities and that would give whatever benefit the wonder gives.

There's a lot of wonders that really belong on tiles... but I think it's time to blur the line. The Great Wall is built in cities, but appears on tiles because that's where it belongs. There's lots of wonders that should go this route, such the Chunnel, as well as the Suez and Panama Canals. They have all been listed as wonders of the world.

That's why I requested the Appian Way and the Autobahn. They're pretty monumental. Of course, these are just requests :)

There's a lot of wonders that really belong on tiles... but I think it's time to blur the line. The Great Wall is built in cities, but appears on tiles because that's where it belongs. There's lots of wonders that should go this route, such the Chunnel, as well as the Suez and Panama Canals. They have all been listed as wonders of the world.

That's why I requested the Appian Way and the Autobahn. They're pretty monumental. Of course, these are just requests :)

Well, if we actually had Walls as an improvement built on tiles, I'd want the Great Wall to be an improvement as well.. since we have Roads already, it seems to me that the Appian Way be in some way dependent on roads... along with the Silk Road, Transcontinental Railroad, Autobahn or any other such proposed wonders... I mean maybe any benefits should affect the routes they cover... then the more of the route you have, the better it is... like giving movement increases for the Appian Way or Autobahn, for example, might make sense... but personally, I would prefer if these wonders were "built" by building improvements in the same way that the first person to circumnavigate the globe gets +1 MP to ships rather than having a wonder called Magellan's Voyage that did the same thing.

But I do agree that the Appian Way and Autobahn are monumental... although personally I think the U.S. Highway system is more impressive ultimately.

Top Bottom