1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Communitas and changing difficulty CTD

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Allaka12, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Allaka12

Allaka12 Chieftain

Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue with this. Whenever I try to play on a communitas map, or lower the diffculity (I'm a bit of a noob) the game crashes to desktop whilst loading. Is this a known problem and is there a solution to it?

2. notque

notque Artificially Intelligent

I do not have this problem, are you using any other mods?

3. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Not sure if this is the same problem you are having but whenever I make a change to the options using a Communitas map I CTD, but only on that time, once I start again the game loads fine.

To put that another way, say I choose to have a younger landmass (more mountains) I CTD, but once I have made the change I can start on the next try. Seems to be whenever an edit is made you get a CTD but restarting allows you to proceed.

I haven't really looked too much into it because it is such a rare thing to do. Also I get no crashdumps from these CTDs so there's nothing to examine.

4. Allaka12

Allaka12 Chieftain

All the mods I have is the ones said to be compatible with this one. R.E.D Modpack, Rise to Power, JFD's City mod, Faster Aircraft animations, Improved Air Recon, View City Limits etc etc Nothing that is not said to be incompatible

5. Funak

Funak Deity

Okay, run with me here, there is one thing I don't understand in your explanation. When exactly does the game crash?

Which difficulties can you actually create a game on, and which can't you create a game on?

How did you figure out that changing difficulties was the thing that causes your game to crash?

Have you tried disabling any mods, seeing if that actually changes anything?

6. Wario Mario

Wario Mario Warlord

View City Limits is part of CBP. The standalone version may conflict with the built in version (though I doubt it's causing the CTDs).