1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Communitas crashes everytime at "Begin your journey"

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by FST_Gemstar, Jul 27, 2014.

1. FST_Gemstar

FST_Gemstar Chieftain

Hi,

I have been trying to troubleshoot my CEP mod for a day to no avail. Are there common things I am missing that makes every game start crash?

Thanks for your help.

2. mystikx21

mystikx21 Deity

3. bigturboweenie

bigturboweenie Chieftain

was this issue fixed? i'm having the EXACT same problem. it crashes as soon as i try begin your journey.

4. bigturboweenie

bigturboweenie Chieftain

hey! i just figured out what MY problem was, and you might have the same issue. every time i would load up the MOD for communitas it would get as far as the "begin your journey", then the game would immediately crash...

well, i checked with version of BNW i had.... i had an old version ...1.0.3.70.

as soon as i updated to the MOST current version 1.0.3.144, the communitas updated like a charm. i can't believe it was something that simple...i had tried reinstalling the mods, etc etc.

make sure you have version 1.0.3.144. i think anything earlier than that is what causes it to crash. hope this was your solution...

5. mystikx21

mystikx21 Deity

Awesome, glad it was something simple there (at least for you).

The biggest issue to try to fix a problem if things like this occur is getting a full array of details rather than a vague "it's crashing". Knowing what version you are running, if you are even running BNW, what version of the mod, if there are other mods running, and so on quickly isolates many problems.

We know crashing the game on start-up (or at all) is not the intended effect the mod should produce, but we'd like to help find out why it is doing this for you or how if we can.