Communitas Map and lack strategic resources

beginner_

Chieftain
Is there a way to increase amount of resources per occurrence? I kind of like the maps the xcript creates but there are always too few resources for my taste and the ones that are there are maybe 2 or 3. Other maps mostly deposit 6 or even up to 10 so you are able to somewhat manage. But if you take a lot of land (cities) and then still end up with just 2 coal, you can basically end the game right then and there.

What are "other maps"? All standard maps have the same deposit size.

Standard pangea or contients map usually have 6? Communitas in my current game most are 2 or 3 making the whole map kind of low on resources,

It's really just confirmation bias. You can check the scripts yourself; it's not like they're not public.

It's really just confirmation bias. You can check the scripts yourself; it's not like they're not public.
When it comes to coal, it's not just bias. Coal is definitely more precious than other resources, it is the one resource I consistently feel I have "too little" of. That's not from 1 game, or 10, or 20. That's like 50 games+ on communitas_79. Not saying every game I am low on coal, but it is absolutely the resource that I most commonly fall short on.

idk I get deposits of 6 coal now and then with communitu. and aluminum can be up to 8
it's only horses and iron (and uranium? I don't actually get to this phase often) that are usually 2-3 maybe 4. But I think the standard firaxis maps are the same in that regard.

When it comes to coal, it's not just bias. Coal is definitely more precious than other resources, it is the one resource I consistently feel I have "too little" of. That's not from 1 game, or 10, or 20. That's like 50 games+ on communitas_79. Not saying every game I am low on coal, but it is absolutely the resource that I most commonly fall short on.
They were talking about deposit size, not total amount in the map.

Yeah, coal deposits tend to be swingy on different games. Aluminum on the other hand, I always have too much that I don't know what to do with.

When it comes to coal, it's not just bias. Coal is definitely more precious than other resources,
Exactly because you need usually 2 per city: factory and train station / seaport. so with say 6 cities you will already need 12. and if all you have is 2 deposits of 3 each you can just quit the game right there and then or use IGE...

You also get 5 from your refineries. Trade for the rest. If you ever lose it, you only suffer increased maintenance costs.

And some CS has coal too. Just ally them.

Exactly because you need usually 2 per city: factory and train station / seaport. so with say 6 cities you will already need 12. and if all you have is 2 deposits of 3 each you can just quit the game right there and then or use IGE...
Quit the game just because you don't have enough coal for all your cities? lol

Top Bottom