Communitu_79

My first map with the 1.17 version.

upload_2020-7-12_23-18-58.png

Activating Tail Wag!!!

So one issue I found. Even with strategic balance on, there is 0 oil in this entire continent (by land or sea). The only oil is found on the southern tip.

Spoiler :

upload_2020-7-14_11-3-17.png

I was wondering what the difference is between the rebalanced distrib. and classic.

Also I want to add my appreciation for all the work put into this script (by both Azum & tu_79), had an absolutely amazing first & second match on it. Running on sparse resources, I found trade & city state diplomacy to be a very relevant thing, often making it a mission to befriend a city state to acquire some resource I was lacking, or finding that an AI desperately wanted some strategic resource I had but they didn't. (also the mountain ranges :0 amazing)

So one issue I found. Even with strategic balance on, there is 0 oil in this entire continent (by land or sea). The only oil is found on the southern tip.

Because Strategic Balance doesn't give oil. You've got to expand for those. It's rare that a huge desert has 0 oil though.

Rebalanced or classic strategic distribution?

I only changed Strategic balance to On, so whatever the other setting is by default.

Another map....this time, no Coal at all on my entire area of the continent. So something is definately up.

Spoiler :

Strategic Balance only guarantees iron and horses that you have to settle for. You have to work for the others.

hmm I love that ****. And without strategic balance... what is it? Just totally random?
Totally random, except city states still have a chance to spawn an extra minor deposit of coal, oil or aluminum in their territory IIRC.

I only changed Strategic balance to On, so whatever the other setting is by default.

Another map....this time, no Coal at all on my entire area of the continent. So something is definately up.

Spoiler :

Try the rebalanced option. In the rebalanced script there's a forced minimum on strategics. Terrain mandates, though, so if your terrain is not appropriate for the resource, it won't appear.

If we ever make this official we should merge the AssignStartingPlots (with resource options) changes into VP.

I like everything about this map script except the shapes of the continents. Everything is x shaped or square which feel somewhat weird. What i need is an option for Pangaea style single land mass without any single tile islands.

What are the sizes of this map? Vanilla? I looked inside the file, but I'm not sure if I understand it correctly as there is 109x74 for huge map.
btw. can I just edit them to be bigger than vanilla huge?

Top Bottom