[BNW] Community Deity Game #40 - Morocco

Grendeldef

Trancerelic & coffeeholic
*** A minor detail added in achi #6. ***

Also the maps have been slightly modified not be screwed by AI when going for Petra, sorry about the mess.

Spoiler Morocco :

Gateway to Africa:
  • Receives +3 Gold and +1 Culture for each TR with a different civ or CS
  • The Trade Route owners receive +2 Gold for each Trade Route sent to Morocco

Berber Cavalry - UU

Replaces the Cavalry.

• Common abilities:
    • Can Move After Attacking
    • Penalty Attacking Cities (33)
    • No Defensive Terrain Bonuses
  • Special abilities:
    • Homeland Guardian: +25% Bonus in combat in your territory
    • Desert Warrior: +50% Combat Strength when fighting in desert

Kasbah - Unique improvement. Requires Chivalry.

• Constructed on:
    • desert
  • Effect:
    • +1 Food, Production, and Gold
    • +50% Defensive bonus for any unit on that tile

Please see the CDG Series Discussion Thread to express yourself if you have remarks and ideas. Some maps in this series use mods. This map uses the DLC map packs, so you will need “Explorers Map Pack”, “Scrambled Nations”, and “Scrambled Continents”, as well as the earlier (and more common) DLC such as “Wonders of the Ancient World”.

Please share your experience playing this map, but if you post in the first page of this thread, use the SPOILER tag if you attach a picture, make a comment about your neighbors, nearby natural wonders, locations of ancient ruins, terrain features, luxes, resources, etc.

Before you download and start playing the map, please take a moment to speculate on your initial thoughts and plans for the game. Which version will you be playing? Will you settle in place? Will you try to found a religion? What are your plans for getting the most from the UA, UB, and UU? What Victory Condition will you be aiming for?

After you play the map, please take the time to post a screen shot relevant to your victory and write about your experience with the map. Could you notice the edits to the map? Did you have any difficulty getting resources? Was this map easier or harder than the typical deity game? What VC did you pursue, and what was your path to victory (or defeat)? What World Wonders did you build? What did you do with religion and how many GP did you faith purchase? How many techs did you steal with spies, and how where you using them towards the end of the game?

All VCs are enabled.

The Map & settings of all 3 versions.

Spoiler Start :

Map is std size Terra Incognita with additional land and a 9th civ.

- few additional NW
- additional luxes and resources all around the map
- blocking ice has been removed
- coastal areas should be more likely 2 than 1 tile wide
- all versions have few additional ruins

Shaka & Alex were sent playing somewhere else.

Different versions:

Lite

- 2 Scouts
- Archer
- 100 G
- 8 faith

Easy

- 300 G
- 8 faith
- 2 Scouts
- Archer
- Worker

Spoiler Achievements :

This is not a coherent collection but something to get people sidetracked a bit. Depending on the map these may not be even close to equal in effort required but stuff happens.

1) Connect unique luxes by own cities before NC

6 pts - 10(+)
4 pts - 9
3 pts - 8
2 pts - 7
1 pts - 6

2) Sell iron & horses to different civs before NC. To score you have to sell both Horses AND Iron to at least 3 different civs ie selling Iron to 5 civs & Horses to 2 will result no points.

6 pts - 5
3 pts - 4
2 pts - 3

3) Own TRs with different CSs. TRs pillaged by civs/CSs in war with you do not count. Liberating a CS counts as one. Deadline is T300.

6 pts - 12 CSs
4 pts - 10
3 pts - 8
2 pts - 6
1 pts - 5

4) It's hard to tell in advance where this might go but I hope it'll be interesting. Higher score on a or b counts

a) TRs with you. Points are counted only by situation on turns 50, 100, 150, 200 & 250. Triple points for T50 & double for T100.

1 pt per TR with you
2 pts per TR if you have captured and annexed or puppeted their city
3 pts per TR if you have their original capital

b)

2 pts per capital taken & kept to the end
1 pts per city taken & razed to oblivion, puppeted or annexed
0,5 pts per city taken & sold city

No points for cities taken in peace deals or lost in war and points halved >T150. No points after T300.

5) Starting a religion is the premise.

- 1 pt for Desert Folklore
- 6 pts for having the largest religion by # of cities in the end or T300 at latest
- 3 pts for each removed Holy City
- 0,5 pts for a CS following your religion by T300 or @VC.

6) Petra. Info about one's chances going for Petra
Spoiler :
There're no desert tiles outside starting continent (well, shouldn't be anyway) and none beyond any major civs starting position from your starting position's pov ie by some active settlement blocking your may control all the desert tiles in the game

- 3 pts for building it before T150
- 1 pt capturing before T150
- 1 pt for each WW in the city @VC or T300 at latest

*** No points if you don't have Petra by T150 but you lose it after building/capping as long as you have it in the end and @T300 if the win comes later.***

Spoiler for links to previous threads in CDG series :
CDG1: Persia, Oct. 31st, 2015, domination, Pangea, hard, map by Consentient
CDG2: Assyria, Nov. 15th, 2015, science, Pangaea, medium, map by Consentient
CDG3: Ethiopia, Dec. 2nd, 2015, culture, NQ Pangaea, hard, map by Consentient
CDG4: Spain, Dec. 17th, 2015, domination, NQ Pangaea, medium, map by Consentient.
CDG5: Indonesia, Jan. 2nd, 2016, culture, NQ Continents, hard, map by Consentient.
CDG6: Zulus, Jan. 15th, 2016, domination, Oval, easy, map by Consentient.
CDG7: Shoshone, Feb. 2nd, 2016, culture, Oval, very easy, map by Enslingkorp.
CDG8: Austria, Feb. 15th, 2016, science, Pangaea, very easy, map by IronfighterXXX.
CDG9: Brazil, Feb. 28th, 2016, culture, Pangaea, medium, map by Blatc.
CDG10: Denmark, March 14th, 2016, domination, Lakes, hard, map by Beetle.
CDG11: Venice, April 1st, 2016, domination, Archipelago, very easy, map by Wild_Woojsha.
CDG12: Byzantium, April 15th, 2016, domination, Continents, very hard, map by Beetle.
CDG13: Inca, April 30th, 2016, culture, Pangaea, medium, map by Shark Diver.
CDG14: Celts, May 18th, 2015, domination or culture, Oval, hard, map by Consentient.
CDG15: America, May 30th, 2016, diplomacy, Mesopotamia, medium, map by Beetle.
CDG16: Sweden, June 14th, 2016, domination or diplomacy, HB Continents, medium, map by Consentient.
CDG17: Germany, July 2nd, 2016, diplomacy, Pangaea, easy, map by Dan Quayle.
CDG18: France, July 14rd, 2016, diplomacy, HB Continents, hard, map by MaxAttack.
CDG19: Ottomans, Aug. 5th, 2016, domination, Continents, medium, map by Beetle.
CDG20: Portugal, Aug. 20th, 2016, domination, Pangaea, medium, map by Beetle.
CDG21: China, Sept. 9th, 2016, domination, Pangaea, medium, map by @Dan Quayle.
CDG22: Maya, Oct. 2nd, 2016, domination or science, NQ Pangaea, hard, map by @consentient.
CDG23: Iroquois, Oct. 15th, 2016, domination or culture, NQ Oval, very hard, map by @consentient.
CDG24: Babylon, Nov. 11th, 2016, science, Terra Incognita, medium, map by @beetle.
CDG25: Arabia, Jan. 15th, 2018, domination, Pangea Plus, medium, map by @beetle.
CDG26: Polynesia, Jan. 29th, 2018, culture, Small Continents Plus, easy, map by @beetle.
CDG27: Poland, Feb. 18th, 2018, domination, Terra Incognita, medium, map by @beetle.
CDG28: Huns, March 4th, 2018, domination, Terra Incognita, hard, map by @Grendeldef.
CDG29: Korea, March 24th, 2018, science, Small Continents Plus, easy, map by @beetle.
CDG30: Songhai, April 23rd, 2018, domination, Terra Incognita, medium, map by @Grendeldef.
CDG31: Russia, May 10th, 2018, domination, Terra Incognita, medium, map by @Grendeldef.
CDG32: England, June 9th, 2018, domination, Continents, medium, map by @raider980.
CDG33: Aztec, June 24th, 2018, domination, Lakes, medium, map by @beetle.
CDG34: Rome, Nov. 29th, 2018, domination, HB Continents, hard, map by @beetle.
CDG35: Greece, Dec. 24th, 2018, domination, HB Pangea, very hard, map by @consentient.
CDG36: Japan, Jan. 12th, 2018, domination, Oceania, medium, map by @beetle.

Attachments

• CDG 40 final proper0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    774.5 KB · Views: 121
  • CDG 40 lite proper.Civ5Save
    774.8 KB · Views: 90
  • CDG 40 Easy proper.Civ5Save
    774.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
First 100 turns and I've been mostly building & expanding without much of problems - everyone seems to be happy in their corners and the demo leaders are hiding somewhere.

Spoiler T100 :

Moved to the hill, first ruin gave a map that revealed Brazil so I went there and DoWed for a Worker on T5 and few more in every 10 turns or so, T18 Desert Folklore pantheon, T28 Collective Rule 1st Settler claiming the KSM area which has 3 unique luxes within reach, 3rd city by Sinai. 5th Settler going for the Gems & Kilimandjaro which is surprisingly still available after blocking only one Brazilian attempt. The only early issues were with money as had to wait for 20 turns to sell my Copper for even 5 gpt though I could fill the selling Iron & Horses task and a minor barb problem while trying to plant the 7th city. The city was delayed for 7-8 turns but luckily Ife by then had a quest for that camp.

T53 peace with Brazil, T54 DoF with William, T58 4th religion with Tithe & Mosques Babylon being the only Piety on this continent, T60 DoF with Dido, T64 Pyramids which was a nice bonus but delayed building the last Settler 10 turns but there still was a decent spot nearby and none had denounced me for too many cities, T87 Liberty GS planted and Petra in Rabat, T97 Oracle in Rabat.
Nothing major going on apart from Babylonian troops on my border and Prophet & Missionaries within my border so I had to buy an Inquisitor for defense.

achis by T100

1) 6 pts - 11 luxes
2) 6 pts - Horses to all and Iron all but Brazil
3) 1 pt - Geneva & Malacca
4) 1 pt - one from Brazil
5) 1 pt - DF
6) 4 pts - Petra & Oracle

Last edited:
Thanks for this! I will SIP and try to go wide Liberty for achievements.

Edit: T78 — Petra has been built in a far away land! :cry:

Last edited:
Oops, that's just weird. I'm currently on T255 wondering whether to go for dom as I still have several heretics to burn or save time with diplo but looking at the map
Spoiler :
there're 4 desert tiles on the other continent out of which 3 belong to a CS and 4th in Hiawatha's 3rd ring in some expansion city. So, was it truly in a far away land or in the starting continent? If it was built by Hiawatha or possibly Isabella I'll do a quick map edit for that one tile and switch it

I do not think I can do anything with this map. The faraway runaway opens Order on T178, completes Apollo Program on T239, and wins by SV on T267.
  1. I did 3 city to NC, 5 lux, 0 points. I built 5 more cities after that.
  2. None of neighbors were interested in both Iron and Horses, 0 points.
  3. I only ran CS TR when they offered quests, prolly 5 of them by the end, but I didn’t really keep track. 1 point.
  4. I could not be bothered to count on-going TR to me, but gpt was good, and there were 11 TR to me at end. I did take the closest cap, but not until T177 (despite DOWing T11, and staying at war), so 1 point.
  5. No problem getting DF or founding, 4 CS following my religion at end, so 3 points.
  6. Only WW was Oracle, 1 pt.
Interesting map and achievements, so I appreciate it — even if I cannot see how to win it.

Sorry about that but I uploaded the modified map of all three versions this morning though I still need to update the OP - lack of time truly sucks.
Now there really shoudn't be any desert tiles beyond easy reach hence Petra is much easier to get. I think that the problem with original version was Barringer Crater which was a desert and offered a reasonable city spot not the single crappy tile.
_______

Also, I think that's the fastest I've seen AI winning a game.

Last edited:
Sorry about that but I uploaded the modified map of all three versions
Thanks very much. I might take advantage of that. I tried to use IGE to make the change myself, but I could not get IGE to load. Maybe that is a safety feature of some kind?
I think that the problem with original version was Barringer Crater which was a desert and offered a reasonable city spot not the single crappy tile.
I think I counted two Barringer Craters?
Also, I think that's the fastest I've seen AI winning a game.
Yes, just my luck!

Maybe that is a safety feature of some kind?

Not that I know or noticed of any such thing but by the turn by the turn I teched to Atomic Theory the game just hang I had to circumvent this by bulbing something else so that the overflow took care of AT as well. Apparently the game thought that Uranium was too dangerous to be revealed to mere mortals. I think that the game still has few bugs here & there and fiddling with mods doesn't help.

I think I counted two Barringer Craters?

Yeah, I noticed that too :) The NWs in this game are becoming like rares in WoW - not rare at all.

I went for the quick solution in my game so Diplo T267. Hiawatha with roughly 27 000 cities had almost equally impressive number of units so the turn times were a bit lengthy.

Ive started to play this on turn 75 trying to get achievements (although not a fan of the random ones like TR to me).

Spoiler :

Build:
Capital: 2 Scout, Monument, Scout, Warrior, Shrine, Granary, Granary, 5 Settlers
Policies: Trad opener, Liberty
Captured 4 workers from Brazil on its horse tile
7 cities to get all those luxes

Points so far:
1) Connect unique luxes by own cities before NC => 6
6 pts - 10(+)
5) Starting a religion is the premise. => 1
1 pt for Desert Folklore

Spoiler :

Finished my game with a cultural victory on turn 222.

Achievements Total 41.5 pts:
1) Managed to get 10 with 7 cities. => 6 Pts
6 pts - 10(+)

2) Sell iron & horses to different civs before NC. => 6 Pts
(all 5 civs on continent are receiving iron + horse)

3) Own TRs with different CSs. Not sure I understand this one ? Is it the number of TR at victory or made during game ? Assuming at victory => 1Pt
5 TR to CS.

4) TRs with you. Rundown below => 11pts
T50 - 0
T100 - 2
T150 - 4
T200 - 5

5) Managed to get biggest religion by 1 city on the turn of victory. => 9.5pts
1 pt DF
6 pts Biggest religion (46 cities)
2.5 pts for CS with religion

6) Petra. Info about one's chances going for Petra => 8 Points
3 Points for before T150 (T85)
WW in same city : LtoP, Sistine, Uffizi, Statue of Liberty, Petra => 5 Points
I also built Oracle, Porcelain and Tour Eiffel in other cities but dont count ?

Sorry about the late response but nice to see peeps still playing.

Ive started to play this on turn 75 trying to get achievements (although not a fan of the random ones like TR to me).

Yes, I can generally agree with that sentiment but at this point in the series with my limited imagination it's tricky to get something new besides I really wanted something in relation to Morocco's UA.

3) Own TRs with different CSs. Not sure I understand this one ? Is it the number of TR at victory or made during game ? Assuming at victory => 1Pt
5 TR to CS.

Over the time but at turn 300 at latest.

6) Petra. Info about one's chances going for Petra => 8 Points
3 Points for before T150 (T85)
WW in same city : LtoP, Sistine, Uffizi, Statue of Liberty, Petra => 5 Points
I also built Oracle, Porcelain and Tour Eiffel in other cities but dont count ?

Yup, only WWs in Petra city do count.

I played the first part of the game so far. NC at t98 and 9 luxuries connected before NC in a total of 6 cities. I have been at war with both Nebu and Pedro for some time now. Especially Pedro did not like that I stole 6 or 7 workers from him and in addition settled "too close" to him. I have DoF with Dido and William.

Top Bottom