1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Game - Rome on Monarch/Marathon

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Gianmarco Silvestro, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Gianmarco Silvestro

Gianmarco Silvestro Chieftain

Let's have one more day for voting (as we are on a stalemate).
    Tomorrow in the evening i will update the game file. If we will be on a stalemate, we will send the archers to the Greek War anyway.

2. Bautos42

Bautos42 Chieftain

I fail to notice any polls. Anyways, I'm in favor of attacking Greece with the legions.

3. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

Explore and capture workers, attack later. We could even attack weaker units to increase XP but I would not immediately attack Greek cities at present. It would be too costly and risky.

Gianmarco Silvestro likes this.
  4. Gianmarco Silvestro

By now we are on a stalemate again, as we have two votes on each side.
    Last votes will be decisive.

Please always make sure to download the game file and deeply analize the situation before choosing or suggesting military/production/strategy plans.

5. Bautos42

Bautos42 Chieftain

I do not think that is what most politicians actually do. At least half of us should make suggestions based on questionable agendas that are influenced by some lobby or just act randomly.

Hence I suggest we invade Carthage and Greece as soon as possible in order to gain a monopoly on wine. We also should priorituze the Italian wine above resources as neglectable as sheep or wheat. Who needs food if you can keep the people happy with alcohol.

6. Gianmarco Silvestro

"Find someone that looks at you like Juncker looks at his wine."

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  7. Gianmarco Silvestro

I don't have time this evening to update the game file. I will do it tomorrow.
    Anyway, the poll ended up with a stalemate, so we're going to send the Legio Sagittariorum IV and V to the Greek War.

8. Gianmarco Silvestro

[Turn 280]
    File uploaded.
    My opinions, strategy and general ideas for the current turn.

Turn 280.jpg

CURRENT TURN (Turn 280)
    - what should the Legio Centuriae I, II, III and IV do?
    - what should the Milites I do?
    - commerce, analysis of the other civs...
    - general military plans...

I would like to point out that we have a barbarian city in the eastern part of the Greek Peninsula (probably in the area of Bizantium). Should we conquer/raze that?
    I would send both the Legio Centuriae and the Milites to explore the area and eventually start a war with the barbarians and the Greeks, as i would expect them to be fighting the barbarians in the area.
    Conquering the city would be useful only if it would grant 100% Roman Culture over that city and area, otherwise we can avoid spending gold avery turn for maintenance and focus on economics and improvements in the Italian Peninsula.
    As i mentioned before, i think we will need to plan where we want to settle our cities in the Greek Peninsula for our 2nd UHV, and i will explain my ideas when we will have a clear vision over the whole region.

Carthago would trade Shipbuilding for Literature.
    Literature (that we offer) is worth approximately 1000 science points, while Shipbuilding (that they offer) only costs 500. The trade might be good because it would give us the possiblity to build war galleys in the next future without slowing down our research of Currency and Engineering. I would accept the trade, also because it would only allow Carthaginians to build theatres, while it would be an important military advancement for us.

No interesting trades available with Greeks.

Greeks have access to Iron and can build swordsman and hoplites with that. We need the promotions for our units as soon as possible...

Trade Turn 280.jpg

Attached Files:

9. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Well, make the trade, definitely.

As for the barb city, probably better to nab it for yourself than to let the Greeks (re)take it.

10. Gianmarco Silvestro

I would like all of us to speak as "us", not as "you", because i am not playing this game alone, but we are discussing it and playing together. :)

cmakk1012 likes this.
  11. Bautos42

Bautos42 Chieftain

We should scout the barbarian city in order to measure its defensive capabilities and supply of wine.

12. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

I agree, if they have wine we should definitely take it. Capture workers, capture the barbarian city. Surround the Greeks. Take their wine. Wine should be the defining goal of our expansion.

Make the trade with Carthage for sure, unless there is a better trade currently.

Gianmarco Silvestro and Bautos42 like this.
  13. Alexius08

Alexius08 Chieftain

The barb city is likely to be formerly-Greek Byzantion. Expected defenders are vultures and/or chariots. Take it and use it to train workers.

14. Gianmarco Silvestro

Carthago would trade either Riding or Shipbuilding for Literature, so i think that Shipbuilding is the best option, because of Mediterranean control.
    The game will be updated in 4/5 hours.

TJDowling likes this.
  15. Bautos42

Bautos42 Chieftain

Do the Greeks have wonders in Athens and Delphoi? If that is the case, I would keep the respective cities anyways.

16. Gianmarco Silvestro

We don’t know yet about Athens, but Delphoi doesn’t look like it has any.

By now i would predict that we will keep Athens (i would keep it anyway) and raze Delphoi, but we will see...

I am really hopeful about the population culture over the barbarian city (Bizantium?), because, if someone conquers a city immediately after it is settled, the population level is very susceptible to the last civ that conquers it, and we might be able to have a 100% Roman Bizantium, which would be great.

17. Gianmarco Silvestro

[Turn 281]
    File uploaded.
    My opinions, strategy and general ideas for the current turn.

WE TRADED LITERATURE FOR SHIPBUILDING WITH CARTHAGO.

CURRENT TURN (Turn 281)
    - what should the Legio Centuriae I, II, III and IV do?
    - what should the Milites I do?
    - commerce, analysis of the other civs...
    - general military plans...

I would send both Legio Centuriae and Milites directly to the barbarian city.

About the galleys, i would send one of them exploring a bit the Carthago surrounding area and another one close to the Greek peninsula, so that, in case of war, we can easily transfer units to and from the Italian peninsula.

No interesting trades look available.

On the next turn we will settle Aquileia on 2N3E(Rome). What should Aquileia produce?

Any ideas/tips?

Attached Files:

18. TJDowling

TJDowling Chieftain

I am somewhat inclined to say Aquelia should gear towards naval production. Maybe build a worker to improve the copper source then build ships. Looks like good news that the barbarians are harassing the Greeks both will be weakened and susceptible to attack.

EDIT:
    That's a vote for build a worker and attack the barbarians.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  19. cmakk1012

cmakk1012 Chieftain

Yes, I still say we should take the barb city.

As for Aquileia, worker first sounds great.

20. Gianmarco Silvestro

I would like to point out that we will not be able to keep this research speed for a long time, so we need gold production and razing/capturing Delphoi would give us some breath.

Another thing i was thinking about is that Egyptians are generally less military strong and they hold a lot of gold tiles, so conquering some cities in Egypt should be our first priority after the Greek war.

Also there, we need to carefully choose which cities to keep and which cities to raze, and when to do it.

cmakk1012 likes this.