1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. SmashingSnow

SmashingSnow Chieftain

good to know thanks for the help I hope it'll work now

2. SmashingSnow

SmashingSnow Chieftain

Thanks for the info and I can now see the community patch mod. Thanks for your help you won't believe how i have been trying to get it to work

vyyt likes this.
  3. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Yeeey! :)

4. lorderon111

lorderon111 Chieftain

Where a lot of good mood :)(19) with two cities and 1 resource of luxury. Complexity king (6). Era of antiquity. this is normal? And if there are 10 cities and high contentment then it will be boring to play

5. SmashingSnow

SmashingSnow Chieftain

Are you talking to me lorderon?

6. ashendashin

ashendashin King

Alright, so I understand that you think your happiness is abnormally high. It's been a long time since I've played King properly, but on Deity I start off on somewhat high :c5happy:, so I wouldn't say there's anything wrong. No, you won't easily have 10 cities with such high contentment at that stage. Population contributes to unhappiness, so building too many cities in the ancient era will create high discontent.

Edit:
    Numbers felt off to me so I looked into it and I now assume you're playing on marathon. Starting happiness scales with gamespeed, which flew past me for some reason.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    vyyt likes this.
  7. lorderon111

lorderon111 Chieftain

marathon. It's good that then the mood will drop to 0. And then 15+ mood from nowhere as if it's cheating

8. lorderon111

lorderon111 Chieftain

As in the technology of satellites remove "opens the whole map." It is not interesting to play without reconnaissance ai all actions are visible, there is no sudden reinforcements or hidden pre-war sweep (preparation) of troops near my border. I love the intense game feeling of the unknown actions ai in the fog of war

9. jakethemuss121

jakethemuss121 Chieftain

Anyone know how to play multiplayer with this mod? Last time i used this mod was just over a year ago and cant seem to get it to work now.

10. CptTinman

CptTinman Chieftain

I am currently trying to install the full Vox Populi with EUI on Windows 10. While trying to install, the installer is creating folders named "Art", "Art0", "Art1", etc. But then it does not have access to the folder location. I have been unable to get windows to allow the appropriate permissions to this installation folders through the "folder properties" window. Any ideas how I can get around this issue? Don't know if it matters or not, but the mod is not being installed to the C drive, while this folder is in the C drive.

11. vyyt

vyyt Deity

12. vyyt

vyyt Deity

Don't know what's wrong, but have you tried changing the Windows user rights Admin? Then I think you should be able to access all the folders.

Go back a few pages in this thread, there was someone else having the same issue and they solved it with some software which unlocked the folders.

13. legoras

legoras Chieftain

Event system is only for Player, or AI also got some stuff from it?

14. vyyt

vyyt Deity

For everyone

15. crushboss

crushboss Chieftain

I've been playing the new version of Vox (full) dated July 27, 2017. My main complaint is that the patches still don't address the main weaknesses of the AI which is expansion. I always have double the number of cities as the closest AI competitor. For this reason alone the AI can't compete with a human player who expands intelligently and quickly.

Excellent work with this project! Perhaps this can be improved?

16. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

No people kept complaining that the AI expanded too much. The main weakness of the AI isn't expansion because in the vanilla in Diety the AI would expand ridiculously crazy due to their Ai bonuses counteracting the increase in culture and science cost.

17. vyyt

vyyt Deity

What numbers of cities at roughly what turn are we talking about and what difficulty???

In my games AI expands quite aggressively on the emperor level. I don't recall anyone else ever complaining about the expansion speed (except maybe 1 year ago and it was specific to just a couple of releases).

18. crushboss

crushboss Chieftain

I usually play on King or Emperor difficulty levels. I haven't played on Deity or Immortal yet. The AI usually doesn't add an additional city until turn 60 - 90 roughly. I can usually add an additional city every 30 - 50 turns or so as I grab the technology that allows me to build settlers first. Granted, I am a bit weak on military in the early eras due to this but can still survive once my cities start producing a lot. I also usually play Catherine of Russia to get ahead on technology and stay ahead on technology throughout the game. This gives me settlers as quick as humanly possible. Since I focus on technology as my main emphasis I choose religion, policies, etc. that focus on this. This allows me to build wonders (1 per world) before they are even available to my AI opponents. Culture is my second emphasis, production #3. I usually have three to four times the number of wonders as my closest AI competitor. I disable time and science victories since they are too easy to win. I almost always win with a cultural victory in the later eras.

The mod is leaps and bounds better than the original game, no question. The diplomacy changes are very welcome. In the vanilla game the AI was totally unreasonable with trade agreements. If I wanted copper, for example, they demanded everything I had in exchange for it before they would agree. This usually meant I gave them four to eight resources for one of theirs (totally ridiculous).

Thank you for the hard work and effort on this mod!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  19. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Warlord

The mod of more luxuries has a problem, the texture are flickering when we zoom out. Its because the mipmaps don't was done. Can you add the mip mapping?

20. crushboss

crushboss Chieftain

I've noticed the issue also. It's a minor glitch in my opinion. At least my game never crashes or has any moderate or major issues.