1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - Modpack (Multiplayer Compatible)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Lynnes, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Mikaels

Mikaels Chieftain

We tried all the versions and it was giving us the same result with each one. Even tried the beta ones.

2. liltasman

liltasman Chieftain

Myself and a friend have been playing this latest beta with much success, but we encountered an issue that we experienced on and off in the past...

Whenever we tried to load a game, the game would resync every turn from there on out. Like, we'd have no resyncs at all, save it, come back the next day, and we get a resync every turn. We've had this issue on and off with previous versions, but it happens quite a bit more now

Any way around this?

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Make sure both parties have the saves on their system, and also try switching hosts. If that fails, start the game, and then have the second player join it once it is started.

G

4. Raitaki

Raitaki Chieftain

So today I tried to vassalage another human player, and when going to the vassal screen this happens: http://puu.sh/nN1C5/3b25b5d6e0.jpg

Apparently after a good amount of turns have passed he still doesn't have the option of cancelling the vassalage, nor did I find any diplomacy option for that. Another player sent me a deal asking me to liberate my vassal, and I accepted, but that still didn't actually free him, and the liberation deal still remains on the list of potential deals anyone can ask from me.

This was with the religion lua-less version of the modpack (not the most recent one posted here), without EUI.

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Report to Putmalk in his vassal thread.

G

6. Mikaels

Mikaels Chieftain

So is there any help for what could be causing the user interface problems me and my friend are experiencing it seems that no one is having this problem besides us.

I have tried all version and the same issue occurs with all of them. NO unit UI no selection indicator of movement options. If you can enter a city no way of leaving the city view.

7. Lynnes

Lynnes King

I cannot reproduce this error. Just tried it again and the UnitPanel is there!
    Do you have an additional version of EUI installed? If so, this is the reason!
    The modpacks that come with EUI support (EUI already included) will break if you have an additional EUI installed.

8. civaddiction

civaddiction Chieftain

Wow, tremendous work guys, so far it has been really stable!
    Two Human, Local Network, Goody Huts Off, Barbs Raging, Standard Small Continents
    We experienced only two minor non-disruptive desyncs in 194 turns so far (they occurred during a war with an NPC). I have the logs, but I'll wait to upload till we've completed the game

9. Mikaels

Mikaels Chieftain

Thanks, I got it working now. So I had a leftover file from the single player version of this patch the UIbc folder in the dlc folders. As I had used the installer I did not realise that folder was part of the patch. Now it works fine.

10. Lynnes

Lynnes King

civaddiction: Sounds great!

I'm glad to hear it works now! :)

11. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

Lynnes, if you don't mind me asking, when is the next version of modpack coming out? There's been a few new and interesting changes in the recent beta versions and me and my friends can't wait to try them out in multipleyer.

12. Lynnes

Lynnes King

I'm currently uploading the new versions! Should be ready in a moment, so hang on! :)
    (mega keeps cancelling my uploads when they are almost done.. :hmm: )

13. Lynnes

Lynnes King

14. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

I seem to have some problems downloading new version. I registered on Mega, but when I click on the link no new files are listed. Am I doing something wrong?

15. Lynnes

Lynnes King

You don't have to register on Mega to download any files from there, just open the link and double click them.
    Let me know if it works now!

16. Lenox1993

Lenox1993 Chieftain

I tried downloading while logged out, but I get redirected to login page.

17. Novntis

Novntis Chieftain

Same problem here. The link doesn't work for me, even when I'm logged in to MEGA.:confused:

18. Lynnes

Lynnes King

Since I've received many requests on how to enable achievements in your custom modpacks:

Until I've finished the detailed tutorial which I wanted to do ages ago (sorry!), here is a much easier solution for everyone: ;)

Just use the DLL from my modpacks!
    Go to
    MP_MODSPACK_3-18-EUI\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 76)
    and copy the CvGameCore_Expansion2.dll
    to the same place in your own modpack! Done! :)

Important: Just make sure that the version of the modpack/ DLL is the very same as the CP-version you are using!

I can also upload the separate DLL (as soon as I've figured out why Mega won't let you download without registration) so you don't have to download the full modpacks just to get the DLL.

Hm, that's weird. Let me re-upload the files to a new directory, maybe this will solve the problem.

19. Lynnes

Lynnes King

20. Novntis

Novntis Chieftain

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Everything works for me. Can't wait to try this version out.