1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Community Update Speculation Thread (Post June 2020 Update)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by acluewithout, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Are you just going to keep spamming the thread with this kind of comment? It's not productive. I already told you that QA has confirmed the Work Ethic bug, that they're working on a solution, and that they weren't able to get it out with the June update. So, we'll probably get it this month.

2. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

ummm??? what does this have to do with a bug firaxis have neglected to fix?

3. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

All the buildings need to be pillaged first before the district can be pillaged. It's a bit of extra protection.

xaiviax likes this.
  4. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

I have never seen an insult quite like this, and I will likely never again.

The Haboob knocks equally at the poor man’s shrine and the Temples of Kings.

Sometimes you just can’t avoid it.

Bosque, Haig, Uberfrog and 2 others like this.
  5. xaiviax

xaiviax Chieftain Supporter

No civ is in need of any major nerfs. Many could use a bit of a buff however. That would be quite welcome.

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  6. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

That's not exactly true. If you have a Dar-e Mehr, then you can have a pillaged Holy Site, Shrine, and Temple, even though the Dar-e Mehr is immune to being pillaged. When you repair the other three, the Dar-e Mehr is automatically back.

7. Lord Lakely

Again I fail to see the point of this comment. Yes, I am aware buildings protect against pillaging. I am not an idiot. That isn't the point I'm making. The point is that the Work Ethic bonus is still gone after you repair the Holy Site. This is a bug and should be fixed immediately.

If you're going to argue, at least argue right.

Pfeffersack likes this.
  8. Myomoto

Myomoto Prince

Nobody is arguing, I'm trying to explain to you what the previous poster was saying.

Is it the perfect solution? No.

Is it the only solution you have, save for writing a mod yourself correcting the bug or waiting for Firaxis to fix it? Yes.

9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Apparently Sid was one because it didn't appear in the original game or Civ 2.
    Who needs trebuchets for the Medieval Era anyway when you can have elephants with ballistas mounted on them. :mischief:

acluewithout likes this.
  10. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

Fraxis and people needs to know how their customer services are terrible and how they often leaves bugs alones most of the time.
    I already told them about few bugs and their responses were same. "K we will fix them" and the results was them partying and drinking and leaving the bugs alone.

Moderator Action: If you do not have constructive and civil comments to post, please pass and go to another thread. This is inappropriate, please stop. leif

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
  11. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Chieftain

I don't think I got invited to the party... :(

12. Lord Lakely

Bugs can't be fixed immediately lol. Like, remember, the devs are working on their NFP; there's plenty of new content going to be added and any adjustments to already existing mistakes will take some programming and testing on top of that. I don't doubt the bugs will get fixed. But it might take a while until they are.

Speaking of bugs: is it intentional that Mekewaps can't be built on Flood Plains? Because this very strongly feels like an oversight as well.

13. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

Just one last thing... how come it doesn't get fixed for two whole months? I reported one and they said "thanks they know "and it still doesn't get fixed for three updates now

14. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Are there any resources on tiles adjacent to the floodplains? I'm sure the requirement is they have to be built adjacent to at least one bonus or luxury resource.

15. xaiviax

xaiviax Chieftain Supporter

Gathering Storm intentionally made Mekewaps unable to be built on floodplains.

Hawke9 likes this.
  16. hhhhhh

hhhhhh Prince

I don't know, the only improvement in the game that can be built on floodplains are Sumer's Ziggurat, Egypt's Sphinx, France's Chateaux, Cahokia Mounds and on desert floodplains Nubian Pyramids. Are Mekewaps meant to be built on floodplains (I mean outside the game in real life)?

17. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

If we’re going to talk about improvements, I didn’t realize how good the mission was until I played Spain today. They basically become campuses once you get your empire up and running.

Regarding other improvements, I wish the Mekewap received bonuses from strategic resources to make the Cree stand out from the competition. Golf courses and step wells also need a boost. Increased population with India is not that useful, and faith is not a good resource unless you meet specific requirements. Golf courses don’t make a big impact and have odd placement requirements.

To improve step wells, a wise addition could be giving amenities or something like science when adjacent to a river so that they synergize with farm placement better. Golf courses could use a larger amenity yield

8housesofelixir likes this.
  18. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Two months is not a long time for a large development enterprise like this. Especially now that they are trying to keep versions in sync, so code has to be finished and go to Aspyr to start porting it. There's rounds of both internal Firaxis testing and then 2k testing. If the August patch comes out on say 8/25, I wouldn't be surprised if it's development (in terms of bugs and features) was already and finished and feature-locked by the end of June.

Unless a bug is like system-crashing, you don't usually have it 'jump the queue' so to speak, as adding late additions to a release often just creates more bugs.

I work on a project that has a much easier release process (it's a web app for internal clients), and it still takes ages for bugs to go from reported to verified to groomed to developed to tested to released. It's the nature of the beast (and the bigger the project, usually the longer).

Also there's unfailing a much longer list of bugs and features in the backlog than will ever get done with the resources available.

Bosque, Hawke9, Noble Zarkon and 10 others like this.
  19. Aussie_Lurker

Aussie_Lurker Deity

I'd love to see them move bonus & luxury resources to a model more akin to post-GS Strategic Resources. I'd also like to see them finally make Bonus Resources more important at the Empire Level (as a tradeable item,granting empire wide bonueses etc).

20. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

Isn't it about time for a preview video?

Hawke9 and Duuk like this.