Competitive Gaming Ladder on GB for CivRev.

BOSS NASTi

The Boss.
Fosho. Let ppl know wat's gud. Everyone needs to go here and vote for a ladder to be made.

C'mon guys lets get this ladder up pimpin.

I've seen similar requests before and I don't get it... why would we need an external ladder system when there is one in the game already? (it's called Ranked Match.. for those who did not find it yet in the menus).

I've seen similar requests before and I don't get it... why would we need an external ladder system when there is one in the game already? (it's called Ranked Match.. for those who did not find it yet in the menus).

The reason is because people can manipulate and exploit the game to their advantage on the in-game leaderboards as some are doing. When you play on a gaming site as for ex. Gamebattles. Everything is legit, there's no boosting, no cheating, no exploits. And if the ladder gets big enough then they might start holding cash tournaments for it. But not just $100 tournaments, I mean if the game gets big on their then the cash prizes or just prizes in general would be way more than a $100. GB is pretty much where anyone and everyone wants to go to make a name for themself or for their team. Their pretty much like the ESPN of the gaming world.

The reason is because people can manipulate and exploit the game to their advantage on the in-game leaderboards as some are doing.
What do you mean? I've played ~75 ranked games and I don't feel manipulated at all... frustrated on the abysmal multiplayer code quality yes (if we can qualify as "quality" such a shoddy work)... but manipuled not. You too seem to be doing ok on the in-game ladder so what are some real problems you encountered?.

What do you mean? I've played ~75 ranked games and I don't feel manipulated at all... frustrated on the abysmal multiplayer code quality yes (if we can qualify as "quality" such a shoddy work)... but manipuled not. You too seem to be doing ok on the in-game ladder so what are some real problems you encountered?.

I'm sorry to tell you bro but their are a select few who don't like to play the game legitly and boost their way up ranks. This is exactly what manipulated the leaderboard is. You just don't notice this due to the fact that your don't pay attention closely enough is all.

The only real consistent problems I truly see are just to many re-sync's, random disconnects from live, and the random freezes that occur due to the host dropping or quitting.

I will also point out the poll here at GameBattles. If you want a CivRev ladder, this looks like the place to go for it.

Please noone click on this link, due to the fact that I already have a thread up on GB which more people have responded to than this one, so it would be wise to not try and corrupt players to sidetrack to this new thread when we already need more ppl on the current thread in order to get the ladder we want.

Yo if you guys read this then please diregard my request in my previous post. The link in the padma's post is a thread that is much bigger and has a lot more votes and posts than my thread does. So please everyone go there so we can get this ladder created.

The point was to create a new one due to the link from me at the top being incorrect and seeing as though most posters won't go down and read a little to see that the correct link is in my previous posts, the ladder has a chance of not seeing the votes and posts it could have seen due to this.

Top Bottom