1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete beginner game help

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Pinder325, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:17 AM.

1. Pinder325

Pinder325 Chieftain

Hello,

I am completely new to Civilization and am just doing my first actual game! I am leading in the domination rankings as I have taken my first capital, but Egypt is advancing quite fast in the religion category, already look quite close to completing it. Now Egypt is my biggest ally and we are very friendly, but do I need to attack them to stop them from getting a religious victory? I'm not sure what my next move should be.

Thanks

2. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Chieftain

Attacking them might not be enough. If they have their religious units roaming around the map, they can still convert the remaining bit of the world while you attack their cities.

To stop them from getting that religious victory, you need to first of all get their religious units killed. Religious units can be killed by other religious units, or by military units when you are at war. See what part of the map still needs to be converted, make sure the residents there are at war with Egypt. (make allies with them, declare on egypt, pay them to join your war). Making more enemies against the near winner isn't a bad plan in general. If you have a religion of your own, buy a lot of apostles, and get to converting stuff to your religion.

3. Pinder325

Pinder325 Chieftain

Great thanks, I will give it a go! Time to go to war with egypt!

4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

If playing on a small pangea you are at risk... for continents it is much less likely to happen. Panic when they are nearly at the ir VC but normally this does not happen unless on a small single land mass.
    Good luck and welcome to civ fanatics.