[Col] Complete Obliteration

covok48

Emperor
I recently purchased the original DOS Colonization at GoG and play it regularly now.

Normally when fighting, dragoons will be demoted to soldiers and then to colonists. Artillery will also demote to damaged artillery. I mean sure its a notch down but at least you still have some fighting ability.

But in this game I was fighting Holland and England and when I attacked or they attacked with dragoons/artillery it was obliterated and lost forever. Apparently it was no hold barred, but the loss of my units stung a lot more than the AI so I wanted to know what caused this. if it was a game glitch no problem I can restart. If there's something I did wrong I will like to correct it.

Losing 3 veteran dragoon and two artillery pieces in one turn without explanation is disconcerting.

I had the same bug many years ago. I was so frustrated I wrote it all down so this is from my notes, which are much more accurate than my memory. :)

'Dragoons, horses and muskets all lost in a single attack (instead of just the horses). No text message from the game. Did not happen until after independence. Combat Analysis says Cont. cavalry 5, Attack bonus 50% but does not add the Ambush bonus.

Reload game, same result.

Restart PC, same result.

Copy save game to another PC, same result.

Next game played from scratch was OK.'

Top Bottom