Completely dominated as Aztecs just now

Wavebird99

Chieftain
Trying out some strategies on King difficulty and all I have to say is:

Auto-healing + temples producing science = Godlike.

I started off with two main cities relatively close and connected by a large mountain in the middle of us that both shared for resources. I soon discovered Ghandi and his Indian Empire just to the west of me, and Isabella of Spain just to the South of him. It was hilarious though - Isabella was completely blocked off on a peninsula by Delhi, and the only way she could get out and explore the rest of the continent would be by having to declare war on Ghandi. Thus, she was practically a non-factor at the beginning of the game.

To the north and NW of me are the French and the Romans, respectively. Both dont really play large parts in the game until towards the end. France was probably the biggest threat to my existence the whole game.

Ghandi and I had been declaring war on and off for the better part of the 0-1000 AD period. I captured one one of his cities he decides to place close to mine, and he peaces with me. At this point, Isabella declares on me. I get lucky with the great scientists and have very advanced technology at this point. By 1300, I have 5 stacks of cannons on the Spanish Peninsula thanks to my Galley-bridge. I take Madrid and Salamanca easily, which turn out to be her only two cities. At this point, I decided that a domination victory would be easiest to go for.

Ghandi is next on my list and I take out Delhi within 2-5 turns after eliminating Isabelle. My cannons are very upgraded at this point. However, Ghandi has plenty of colonies and island cities around the world for whatever reason, and I later take a few that are relatively close to my capital, in case he decides to get ballsy and land forces from his islands near my capital.

Never the less, he asks for peace and doesnt ever come back demanding tech for the rest of the game. At this point, almost as if on que, Rome declares on me. They have a good amount of Legion armies positioned near one of my cities towards the North, but I defend it with two archer armies. Around 1700-1800 I get cruisers, and I "cruise" on over to the Roman continent in the West. I culture-flip his city of Virconium right before I land my cannons, which helps greatly. I take his city just south of Rome with ease soon after. Rome later falls and Caesar asks for peace.

Now all that remains is the French. Its the 19th century, but France is definitely closes to me in terms of technology and culture. They declare war on me about 7-8 turns after I capture Rome, just as I begin to move a cruiser full of tanks and a cruiser full of cannons towards Paris, which is isolated on a peninsula as well. I land, he has cannons, but mine are more easily upgraded and heal every turn - Paris falls early.

Easily my fastest domination victory ever, and my first time ever using the Aztecs. They seem very well suited for a domination victory, especially if you get cannons 300-400 years before anyone else does :lol:

Top Bottom