Completely Dumb Ideas

New civilization: Aotearoa
UP: The Kiwi Community - Each population point produces 1+ banana
UU: The Kiwi Bird - replaces warrior. Can fly. Can spread Zoroastrianism.
UB: Movie Set - replaces air bunker. +1 diplomacy with countries that have the film resource.
Spawn date - I dunno like somewhere around 1992 or whenever who cares
Core - All of New Zealand, and parts of Australia depending on how happy your population is

-If America takes Canada as a vassal, Canada becomes the 51st state.
-If America founds Flint, the city should lose 15 health in the 2010's.
-If Prussia controls Europe and switches to democratic civics, rename to European union.

New faction, Catalonia. Barcelona is its core area and it declares independence in 2017. The UP: Power of the el Classico, your capital produces great sports events.

A resource that, when a cottage is built on it, turns into a functioning city -- thus allowing for cities adjacent to eachother. This is how Belgium will be represented.

You can then trade the resource, as a way of lending the city away for a price. It makes total sense to trade Belgium to the Ottomans for a substantial return of incense.

But if a spy pillages the plot, then the entire city explodes and everyone dies. If that spy is caught afterwards, a diplomatic hit will appear. "You assassinated everybody in my town! -1"

A UN resolution can also be added. "Give independence to all mini cities." this will give birth to the Belgian civilization, the Monaco civilization, the Bhutan civilization, the Panama civilization, the Moldova civilization, etc.

A resource that, when a cottage is built on it, turns into a functioning city -- thus allowing for cities adjacent to eachother. This is how Belgium will be represented.

You can then trade the resource, as a way of lending the city away for a price. It makes total sense to trade Belgium to the Ottomans for a substantial return of incense.

But if a spy pillages the plot, then the entire city explodes and everyone dies. If that spy is caught afterwards, a diplomatic hit will appear. "You assassinated everybody in my town! -1"

A UN resolution can also be added. "Give independence to all mini cities." this will give birth to the Belgian civilization, the Monaco civilization, the Bhutan civilization, the Panama civilization, the Moldova civilization, etc.
Miniature cities actually wouldn't be too bad of an idea. I mean, the way you describe it would be horrible. But named Cottages sounds pretty cool. That alone would be a nice feature and would really flesh out the world, letting many smaller regions be represented easily.

If we wanted to expand on the idea, I would love to see Towns be able to grow into actual cities by the late game, to reflect urban crawl. This idea is probably starting to merge into a Completely Dumb idea, but it would be interesting to see these sort of mega cities. I imagine there are a lot of ways cottages could be expanded to represent historical progress of industry, such as giving extra bonuses for being next to a city, bonuses based on a % of the city's output, bonuses when adjacent to a resource, etc.

The last sentence would probably mess with balance WAY too much to be implemented in DOC in any way other than as the feature of a major update, but while you're idea is sufficiently Completely Dumb for this thread, it's based on an interesting topic: What if cottages were more representative of real world settlements. The smallest addition towards that end is naming cottages, but if you want to start going crazy, there's a lot of interesting ideas stashed within.

If you ask me what I'd want, I'd say just giving Cottages names that appear when hovered over would be cool.

Miniature cities actually wouldn't be too bad of an idea. I mean, the way you describe it would be horrible. But...

:lol::lol::lol:

If you ask me what I'd want, I'd say just giving Cottages names that appear when hovered over would be cool.

This has been brought up before in a long ago thread. If only I could remember where.

It's built on a resource, and spies can destroy improvements.
Well yes, but you didn't just say something like "It descends into anarchy to the point of ruin" or "Everyone in the cities dies from poisoned drinking water", you basically said that a single spy would carry a nuke into a city, plant it, and somehow said nuke would not be noticed in the time it takes for said spy to leave said nuke's radius.

Something like this?

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    831.4 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
I like the idea. Maybe cottages (and their upgrades) that are older than all their neighboring improvements should get a name. This would make it rare and give the name to the plot with likely the highest significance, and make sure that not every tile is named.

That would be really cool if the name showed in the map - like the city names do, just maybe with a simpler name bar. Perhaps some forts could also have this?

That would be really cool if the name showed in the map - like the city names do, just maybe with a simpler name bar. Perhaps some forts could also have this?
Using BUG's landmark feature?

Using BUG's landmark feature?
What's BUG landmark feature and how does it differ from the regular landmark feature?

What's BUG landmark feature and how does it differ from the regular landmark feature?
What's the regular landmark feature? BUG makes a long and short rectangle of a specified color with a specified string on it appear with a triangle on the bottom of like that of a word bubble pointing to a specified tile. I think it's from BUG, may be from a different mod.

Top Bottom