Completely new at modding, there is an error I cant figure out

Hankfrensin

Chieftain
For the record I am completely new, as in started yesterday, with XML and ModBuddy and all of this.
So bear with me. And if you find the solution to the error, if you can please explain why the error existed. Because I am so, so very confused

I attached all of the .xmls not in a folder.

The errors that keep popping up are as follows:
Error 6 () EXEC 0 1 NephioftheNephites

Error 7 () has class: () which is not allowed here! THIS IS VERY BAD! EXEC 0 1 NephioftheNephites

Error 8 () has errors itself. THIS IS VERY BAD! EXEC 0 1 NephioftheNephites

Error 9 The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker\Civ6AssetCooker_Win64_null_FinalRelease.exe" --absolute_paths --no_mt --mode XLP --platform Windows --shaders "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker" --pantry "C:\Users\garen\OneDrive\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\NephiofNephitesA1\NephiofNephitesA1" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK Assets\pantry" --stewpot "C:\Users\garen\OneDrive\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\NephioftheNephites\Platforms\Windows\BLPs" --config "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\AssetModTools\Cooker\Civ6.cfg" "C:\Users\garen\OneDrive\Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI\NephiofNephitesA1\NephiofNephitesA1\XLPs\LeaderFallbacks.xlp"" exited with code 2. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI SDK\ModBuddy\Extensions\Application\Civ6.targets 83 6 NephioftheNephites

I probably am missing some information to upload here, if so please just tell me to do so and I will ASAP
Thanks

Attachments

• NephiteA_Config.xml
    1.4 KB · Views: 102
  • NephiteA_ConfigText.xml
    1.3 KB · Views: 81
  • NephiteA_Icons.xml
    349 bytes · Views: 111
  • NephiteA_Nephi.xml
    413 bytes · Views: 124
  • NephiteA_Nephites.xml
    3.1 KB · Views: 103
  • NephiteA_NephiteTemple.xml
    572 bytes · Views: 144
  • NewLeader_Text.xml
    4 KB · Views: 102
This is while trying to build a new civ, with pretty much almost only replacing the feline names. I don't even want to start modifiers yet I just want the renamed civ to work so I can start on the other stuff

Cute civilization.

I am about to attempt to mod a civilization in myself, then if that works I want to add a few others. Two of my civs I want to add will be humanoid felines (think Thundercat-like) found in various fictions, such as CJ Cherry's Chanur series, and Bill Fawcett's Guardians of the Three series. These authors have great world building and provide lists for cities and culture attributes I'd like to use.

Good luck with your questions here.

Could you upload the zipped mod from the ModBuddy folder? I will take a look at it if you can get me the ModBuddy files
Should be somewhere in "Documents\Firaxis ModBuddy\Civilization VI"

I guess I should have read your error more closely.
Make sure you update the XLP files and the .TEX to match the rename (i.e. FALLBACK_NEUTRAL_NEPHI).
Open it, you will see what I mean.
Also, go to PROJECT> Properties and make sure your FrontEnd and In-Game Actions matches your current file structure.
I attached the mod I got to build (didn't launch Civ 6 though), you can work of that one if you want or check what I changed and make the changes to your master files.
Also, if you want, try checking these two videos out... they helped me out a lot.

Attachments

• NephiofNephitesA1.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 121
No problem. I found it best to watch those two videos, some tutorials on here, and look at how other people are building their Civs/Mods.
Also, building them in SQL seems a lot easier to me than XML.

Top Bottom