Complitely corruption of saves

calad

Emperor
I thought why not play civ5? I have steam vanilla civ5 without any dlc. Then I downloaded newest civ nights from steam and perfect world map generator. I started game until I noticed this:

2013-01-24_00002.jpg

Game went nuts. When I did something game auto loaded same save without asking anything. I booted game and loaded save. Then this happend:

corruption.png

Well I still had auto-saves but they gave me same error.

I dont understand what happend. Did game conflict two mods or are steam downloaded mods unsafe? Have I lost my nice game complitely? How common corruption on this level is?

Okay, this goes even crazier. I started another game this time without perfect world. I noticed same bug as before: building an improment takes about two miljon turns. I took a screenshot and game started to load my previous game! Im really out of clues what the hell is happening. I did not know civ5 is this bad buggy or is it because of mod?

For starters, make sure you're using the vanilla version of the mod as there's also a G+K's version that won't work with vanilla CIV V and vice versa.

Then make sure you don't have multiple versions of Nights installed, and clear the contents of your CIV V cache and moduserdata folders. Also make sure your game is updated for the latest patch through Steam, and then verify the integrity of your CIV V cache through Steam.

Looks like you havent updated civ nights on vanilla for a while. Mod is made for 1.0.1.674 and current version is 1.0.2.21

Looks like you havent updated civ nights on vanilla for a while. Mod is made for 1.0.1.674 and current version is 1.0.2.21

That's true, but that isn't what's causing your specific bugs. If you've ever installed mods in the past, or haven't updated your version of Civ to at least 1.0.1.674, you pretty much have to clear out the contents of your CIV V cache and ModUserData folders or you will encounter bugs.

This fixes 99% of all bugs you'll ever encounter when loading mods.

Top Bottom