Components Vs Main Download & Optional Features

Which do you prefer

• Component Based Install (Current Method)

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • Required Main Install Package (The way most mods are)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Indifferent - Either is fine.

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters
Completely, but I would still require you to have RoM installed, it would just make a new folder, copy the RoM stuff and run from there.

I always play with Revolutions.

I think the way the installer is now is fine.

One thing i did notice when i was just fooling around with modules, is that if i take them OUT of the mod it loads 1 minute faster (usually within 20 seconds), so in essence that would mean, that if you went with placing the modules in the RoM mod itself, it would be approx 2-4 times faster (maybe more). Plus being alot faster in late games. Go figure?

One thing i did notice when i was just fooling around with modules, is that if i take them OUT of the mod it loads 1 minute faster (usually within 20 seconds), so in essence that would mean, that if you went with placing the modules in the RoM mod itself, it would be approx 2-4 times faster (maybe more). Plus being alot faster in late games. Go figure?
I think modules only slow down the game when it starts up.

need REV! also I would like a Main install file

I think modules only slow down the game when it starts up.

Not in MY case, i have noticed quite a bit of difference when i play with modules, or withOUT them, the game moves even smoother, like i said this is what happens to ME.:crazyeye:

I always play with Revolutions.

I think the way the installer is now is fine.

Same here.

I cannot play without Revolutions; part of the reason 2.7 was bad was because Revolutions was particularly buggy then. Without Revolutions, Rise of Mankind is simply Civ Expanded, with Revolutions, it becomes Civ V (and with A New Dawn, Rise of Mankind turns into Civ V with two expansion packs).

I like the current installer since I commonly uninstall/reinstall A New Dawn since I like to see how various features interact with each other. Also, I find my self only playing with half of each of the various modules.

Oh, yes. My 12 months old comp feels soooooo old.....

I don't play REV either, but maybe I would come back to it. I don't know. I'd rather learn how to play well WITHOUT this feature, before I start to make my life even harder. :)
I think my pc is about 5-6 years old yet it still performs at the almost the same speed and stability as most new high end PCs. I can't play without Revolutions either. It has made Civ IV more interesting and challenging since it requires more management within your own empire. I like the current install process. It leaves less folders to search for when adding on new stuff.

I think my pc is about 5-6 years old yet it still performs at the almost the same speed and stability as most new high end PCs. I can't play without Revolutions either. It has made Civ IV more interesting and challenging since it requires more management within your own empire. I like the current install process. It leaves less folders to search for when adding on new stuff.

how much did you spend on that comp or have you been upgrading it piecemeal?

I wouldn't mind using the option boxes. I only wish they would remember my last selections with every new game start-up. (I usually use the samed features each game).

However, anything that makes AND easier to mod/fix or more stable/faster is the one I'd prefer.

how much did you spend on that comp or have you been upgrading it piecemeal?
I've probably spent about a $100 and that was only the video card. The rest was pretty much transferred from an old pc i had (hard drives, dvd-burner, sound card). The pc itself is a dell workstation that my dad got from one of the hospitals he works at. The bio-med, and nuclear-med departments upgraded their equipment so they were going to recycle them anyway so my dad got a couple of them. You can find them now pretty cheap on the internet for around $80-500 depending on where you go. I'd be careful though because some of them no longer work or need replacement parts which are kinda hard to find. Specs are in my profile.

I'm with TechX/generalstaff/etc, I won't play without revolutions on. Though sometimes it does seem to hurt the AI (running despotism/monarchy instead of republic when they have a large empire for example), revolutions makes the start much rougher. This translates into not being the dominant civ from day1 and makes the game much more challenging.

I upgraded my box last winter so I'm fine as long as I don't try to go above huge maps, using the /userva fix (only 2gigs of ram here) to prevent MAFs causes graphics issues on those maps, and excessive crashes with added civs/leaders :(

Top Bottom