Comprehensive Turn Order

GooglyBoogly

Freakamongus
I am looking to add a Turn order section to my Comprehensive datalinks update (see sig) and would appreciate it if anyone has a link to, or has done some research about how a turn is processed.
I have a basic idea of how this works from play experience. But I have not seen a post in any of the major forums discussing the specifics.

Here is what I have been able to come up with so far:

Turn order runs from player 1-7 (then aliens?)
Order of events in player turn X

(Each base is processed individually, starting from oldest -> newest)

Check for end of drone riots - Skip this step if base is not already rioting
(if base fails check goto next base)
Check for base shrinkage from starvation -If so no minerals are produced
(I assume the base still produces energy)
Process minerals and energy for production
Check for base growth- if so pop=pop+1
Check for start of drone riots (if drones > talents)

I think NL goes first, then player 1-6 (we were in slot 7 in ACDG5).

Confirmed. ACDG5_2148_end save has a wild IoD near Seat of Proper Thought. When end turn is hit, it immediately attacks a Hive impact skimship next to it before the Gaians (slot #1) moves.

There is also expansion of forest and kelp which occurred immediately when we hit end turn and before player 1 (Gaians moved).

i was wondering when golden ages are calculated and when their +1 effeciency is applied .

I was also wondering if construction can be completed during starvation if no extra minerals are required (perhaps completed from a Pod pop)

When are beakers/ energy credits calculated? at the end of the players turn? the beginning? the end of a round?

Beakers/credits are calculated for each base. It occurs during the period you've labeled "process minerals and energy for production."

It occurs after production is calculated. I.e. I'll get a message that a base has completed production of a facility. And it will ask if I want to zoom to the base screen. Then I will get a message that some tech has been discovered and I will be asked to choose the next tech to research (I'm on directed research). Then I will get the base screen so I can choose the next item to produce.

I know that income and maintenance are calculated for each base. In ACDG5, we had captured a couple of former capitols with some expensive facilities. If we weren't careful, we could get a message saying we didn't have enough credits to maintain a facility, even though we were generating enough income to cover the maintenance cost for the faction as a whole.

I think NL goes first, then player 1-6 (we were in slot 7 in ACDG5).

Confirmed. ACDG5_2148_end save has a wild IoD near Seat of Proper Thought. When end turn is hit, it immediately attacks a Hive impact skimship next to it before the Gaians (slot #1) moves.

There is also expansion of forest and kelp which occurred immediately when we hit end turn and before player 1 (Gaians moved).

In the ACDG6 game, NL moves after the forest expanded.

The order (we were in slot 1 this time) was slot #6 player (Ghost), slot #7 player (Templar), forest expansion, NL, then our base operations.

Just a note, if an AI trades tech with you on their turn, they will trade the new tech to everyone they can during their turn. So if you are willing to trade techs, it is a good idea to trade on your own turn and your own terms :).

I cannot believe that nobody noted that my example said drone riots skip past the starvation check.
This is obviously not the case - Cities can riot AND starve.
A simple test shows that starvation is checked first.

Here is my latest draft:

Turns are processed in the following manner
^
^{Turn order} begins with processing innate growth of
^$LINK<forests=90004>, $LINK<kelp=90020> and $LINK<fungus=14>
^Then natives lifeforms,
^Check for a $LINK<Random Event=55>
^Then players 1 to 7
^
^For each player the following checks occur in the same order:
^

^
^Each base is processed individually, starting from oldest -> newest
^
^Check for base shrinkage from starvation -If so no minerals are produced
^If base is rioting, check for end of $LINK<drone riots=9>
^(if base fails check goto next base)
^Process minerals for production
^Process energy for production and research
^Process credits for maintenance
^Check for base growth- if so pop=pop+1
^Check for start of {drone riots} (if $LINK<drones=36> > $LINK<talents=37>)

When are repairs processed?

It is a double whammy if the base is starving and in drone riots. Please note that the manual, p. 63, says:

a Drone Riots ... shuts down the base's entire research and production capabilities.

I believe nutrients are still processed.

In the case of starvation, do you know if energy is processed?

I think it would be better to say "Process energy for economy and research." (I assume the psych calculation occurred earlier.)

You also need to process nutrients to either add or subtract from the nutrient box. This would occur after base growth. In the case of starvation, the box remains empty.

Top Bottom